Do tractors have "titles" like cars....

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #1  

tz666

Tractor
MF 1230
I bought a used tractor and I was wondering if they have titles that need to be transferred like cars
thanks

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #2  
Gee that would be nice to track stolen ones but I think most states don't have titles Pa dosen't

With out them it also keeps tax people at bay.

tom

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #3  
tz666 said:
I bought a used tractor and I was wondering if they have titles that need to be transferred like cars
thanks

Mornin TZ,
No titles but they do have serial numbers, they come in handy for various reasons ! ;)

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #5  
I think a sales receipt describing the tractor make, model, serial number and implements would serve that purpose also. At least that's all my insurance company needed.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #6  
I call mine "Mr.Deere"

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #8  
Farm tractors don't here, but construction tractors may.

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #9  
tz666 said:
thanks

Well this is a real bad time to be wondering...AFTER YOU BOUGHT IT...:D

The answer has been given to you multiple times...a big NO...but you should have the serial number on the bill of sale...and the next time before you buy your tractor, if you have any question, run the serial number by the manufacturer to see if it has been identified as stolen...

/ Do tractors have "titles" like cars.... #10  
WI does not have tractor titles.

I think that you can ask a dealer to run the SN to see if it has been reported stolen. You can also ask the police.

jb