Tractor
    Many

Default My favourite tractor (pic)

1984 Versatile 895 ,14 liter cummins 325hp

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD2305

Default Re: My favourite tractor (pic)

Nice machine. I have a fond remembrance of those things. The guy who farmed my grandparents property had one when we still used to pheasant hunt on the property. I have a cool picture of my first hunting dog with 7 or 8 birds in front of him. I'll try to find it and scan it in...

Those things are just cool to watch run through a field. During the corn and beat harvests in Michigan, they can normally be found pulling the transport trucks through the fields to the combines and beat pickers.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Quote Originally Posted by D7E
    1984 Versatile 895 ,14 liter cummins 325hp
    Neat machine. Looks awesome.

I was at an auction last Feb outside Willows, CA where a Versatile 800 (mid-1970s vintage) was sold for $3750. Ave retail price is about $8900, but the tractor was making a suspicious noise in the rear section.

The 800 is somewhat smaller (235 hp pto) than the 895, but it was more than enough tractor for me.

Got to sit in the 800 while it was running. Looked like a fun ride.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

i need to keep the digital out and handy on the way home now that they are starting to bring corn in....

Theres a monster like that with a HUGE manure tank behind it parked by the road that i drive by every day...

ill have to snap some pics
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Tractor
    Many

Quote Originally Posted by flusher
    Neat machine. Looks awesome.

I was at an auction last Feb outside Willows, CA where a Versatile 800 (mid-1970s vintage) was sold for $3750. Ave retail price is about $8900, but the tractor was making a suspicious noise in the rear section.

The 800 is somewhat smaller (235 hp pto) than the 895, but it was more than enough tractor for me.

Got to sit in the 800 while it was running. Looked like a fun ride.
    The 800 is same basic tractor but a few differences ,With the 835,875 and 895 being more sought after , the larger V8 models like 935 were ok but the V8 made them less popular.
    The 895 is the pick of the bunch and this Series 3 or " Candy-Striper " reffering to the rainbow stripes on the cab is the last of this shape (1984) and if it were for sale i would want nearer to $30'000 , It sounds a lot but try getting one from a dealer for less ...If you can find one?