Pack Rats

/ Pack Rats #21  
Have you ever smelled moth balls?

I can never get their little legs far enough apart :D :D

/ Pack Rats #22  
I was wondering how long it would take for that oldie to show up!

/ Pack Rats #25  
cmhyland said:
Get a cat...

A female cat as they are most often better hunters. Have her fixed and she will not spray or have kittens... She will bring you rats and mice for your veiwing pleasure.....

If you don't like cats... Get a Jack Russell Terrier.... They'll catch the rats...

Terriers have been bread for hundreds of years as rat killers... That is their whole reason for existance...

Regards,
Chris

The dog to have is a RAT terrier, thats how they got their name .
We have 0 rats around here, my 2 female terriers will rip them to pieces.

I had a female rat terrier that killed 43 mice in 1 day while I was mowing the back fields.

that and a female cat as someone else already posted.

/ Pack Rats #26  
Will a rat terrier kill these:

Attachments

• nhsd_gopher.gif
    nhsd_gopher.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 209
   / Pack Rats #27  
JimWalch said:
Will a rat terrier kill these:

Some people hate cats and yappy dogs so have to do it themselves. Rats, gophers, all the same:

cammymeonright.jpg

/ Pack Rats #29  
Paul,
I have a couple smaller version of the Rat Zapper and have had them in place for at least 6 months, still no victims. I use different bait but still no luck. So far the green pellets have been the best.

/ Pack Rats #30  
woodchuckie said:
I'll be following this thread for an answer myself. They will totally cover the motors and chew the wires. A yard cat is the only thing that has ever worked for me and I don't like cats. They spray everything or have kittens all the time. The last time I drove my old dodge, I noticed a strange smell and I opened the hood when I got home and there was a rat on the exhaust manifold. It was smoking.

A rat finally got to my tractor. I was heading out to Bush Hog some trails and noticed my fuel gage was bottomed out. When I got through for the day I traced the problem to wires chewed into by mice. It was on top of the tank where the wires hook to the gage on top of the tank. I repaired the wire and cleaned out all the sticks and leaves that had been stuffed between the tank and the heat shield. A week later (today) I took the tractor out again and both wires had been chewed into closer to the tank. I had to splice some more wire in to make it reach this time. There wasn't any new nest material. I think I've solved my problem with that particular wire. I wrapped it with strips of allumminum gutter gaurd. Maybe a cat will be my next move.