Tractors titled? In Wisconsin?

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #1  

WBWI

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130
Looking at buying a used tractor from a private seller. Does WI require titles for tractors? Whatever I buy will be in the CUT size range, not a full size AG tractor.

Just curious because of potential sales tax avoidance with a private sell.

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #3  
Are they titled anywhere?

Andy

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #4  
In az you get a bill of sale thats it.

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #5  
I don't know about tractors in Wisconsin but trailers are not titled. You just get a certificate or origin.

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #6  
ccsial said:
I don't know about tractors in Wisconsin but trailers are not titled. You just get a certificate or origin.

Funny, my 12k trailer has title, registration and plates. WI plates as it's in WI with me.

You may be thinking about trailers at 3500# and under, where your statement is correct. But for 3501# and up, they are titled and taxed.

jb

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin?
My PUP UP camper is titled (and taxed) also that's why I was wondering about tractors. Thanks for the replies.

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #8  
It may be becasue I'm out of state (IL)

I bought a 8x12 foot trailer in Verona about 10 years ago and was told there is no title. They gave me a certificate of origin and said I could get it titled in IL. Now that I think about it if I was a WS resident I probably would have got a title. I never titled it because It is only used on my property.

Sorry for the bad assumption and advice.

I would think off road vehicles (tractors) are not titled in WS. They are not in IL.

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #9  
ccsial said:
Sorry for the bad assumption and advice.

No problem, just promise to cheer for the Packers to defeat the Bears and all will be forgiven!! ;-)

jb

/ Tractors titled? In Wisconsin? #10  
john_bud said:
No problem, just promise to cheer for the Packers to defeat the Bears and all will be forgiven!! ;-)

jb

I lived in Superior long enough to be a BIG Packer fan.:)