BX 23

/ BX 23 #1  

bedway

I have a friend who called me and said his rear 3point will only raise his back blade an inch off the ground. Sorry i dont have any other details,,,any opinions?,,,,,bedway

/ BX 23 #2  
I guess start with the basics. How big is the back blade, and has the tractor been able to raise it in the past normally with no issues? Could be something restricting hydraulic flow if it has lifted it in the past without issue.

/ BX 23 #4  
bedway:

Welcome to TBN :D! Please provide the membership with additional information. Jay

/ BX 23 #5  
bedway

As an owner of a 23 I've fount as others that the 3 point geometry is not standard 3 point.

top link provided with tractor is about 2-3" too long with it all the way closed, lift arms don't go high enough some times.

I've looked for shorter top link but haven't found one yet.

I thought about Pats easy change thing (moves hitch point back a couple of inches) but I haven,t decided to part with the cash yet.

I have a King Kutter box blade and I redrilled rear brace on back of blade as far back as I could move it, this moves a frame back about 2" out of plumb fixing top link issue.

I had trouble getting top link in between a frame too.
I was assembled when I got it back brace, aframe, spacer, aframe, back brace bottom of aframes were mounted inside box blade frame.

I moved bottom of aframe to outside of box blade frame, at top put aframe back brace, spacer, back brace, aframe.

Occasionally rear of back blade would still catch on something with it all the way up.

Some one else in forum had redrilled lift arms lift point 1" further forward and I did that and it seems to be ok now.

tom

/ BX 23
Ill try to get further details,,thanks guys,,bedway