TLB training book

/ TLB training book #1  

richardbro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I recently recieved this book:

https://www.equiptrain.com/tlbbook.htm

Haven't read it yet but a quick scan of the pages shows it to be pretty interesting -there are sections on technique and methods, saftey, and maintence of the regular yellow TLBs - but alot of this knowledge can be applied to agricultural equipment.

/ TLB training book #2  
richardbro-
yea that one is on my wish list... let us know how it is!

-josh

/ TLB training book #3  
Does anyone read that book? does it worth it? I guess that even it was written in 1996, I guess all the knoledge is still acuurate.

I just questionne why the PDF format is 300$ and the book is around 30$ I don't get it.

Denis

/ TLB training book #4  
I read this book when I first got my tractor w/BH. I would recommend it if you are doing ground engaging work. It has some good tips and techniques for FEL and BH work. Even a section on felling and moving trees with the hoe.

Vic

/ TLB training book #5  
DViau said:
Does anyone read that book? does it worth it? I guess that even it was written in 1996, I guess all the knoledge is still acuurate.

I just questionne why the PDF format is 300$ and the book is around 30$ I don't get it.

Denis

The higher PDF price is probably to limit the inevitable wide distribution of the book between people around the world. Do you think that if it were inexpensive it would not be posted here, for example, and downloaded by every interested member of the forum?

I spent a hour or so looking through a copy of that book at a friend's house. It seemed very thorough and full of information. At the time I had no tractor or real interest in having one, so I'd look at it differently now, and am thinking about sending for a copy.

/ TLB training book #7  
I own the book I have read most of it. I think it is well worth the money. David

/ TLB training book
Well, I finished off the book.
What I liked: shows specific techniques for things like, connecting trenches, digging footings, procedures for planning placement of spoil, moving the TLB using the BH, FEL technique, safety, etc - all good stuff.
What I didn't like: a bit too much repitition. Some sections seemed like filler and some pages were repeating information given just a couple of pages previously.
All-in-all I think it was worth the cost. But as the author writes: nothing will teach you more that acutal seat time.

/ TLB training book #9  
It is a good book and well worth the money. It answers some of those how can I use my loader/BH to save my back.

Mark

/ TLB training book #10  
richardbro said:
Well, I finished off the book.
What I liked: shows specific techniques for things like, connecting trenches, digging footings, procedures for planning placement of spoil, moving the TLB using the BH, FEL technique, safety, etc - all good stuff.
What I didn't like: a bit too much repitition. Some sections seemed like filler and some pages were repeating information given just a couple of pages previously.
All-in-all I think it was worth the cost. But as the author writes: nothing will teach you more that acutal seat time.

I think that the repetition you found is due to the book having been formatted as a lesson plan, or a textbook complete with summarization and short quizes following each section, no?