small Transfer Tank source?

/ small Transfer Tank source? #1  

daveinnh

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4310
I'm looking for a small - say 50gal. size transfer tank - with 2-3 pickup hooks and crank pump.

It's getting tiring hauling the 5 gal. yellow poly tank, but can't see spending ~ $800 for a 100 gal. tank and electric pump.

/ small Transfer Tank source? #2  
Try an old diesel tank off of a semi. Might have to fab up some straps for lifting. I'm sure some can be had pretty cheap, especially off of a wrecked truck that maybe the tank is bent a little. If this is not possible, an old water heater might suffice, still probably have to weld on lifting eyes or straps of some sort. Good luck with your search. I think Harbor Freight has 12v transfer pumps that you could plumb into tank.

/ small Transfer Tank source? #3  
Where I live most all the local Farm-Feed Stores as well as the various tractor dealerships have the Transfer tanks and Pumps available. Also, most of the local Mom-Pop Auto parts stores have them as well.

Northern Tool, AgriSupply as well as other places have them on-line, but the shipping isn't cheap for the tanks.

I have a Toolbox-Tank combo that I was lucky enough to have found for sale here locally and purchased for $250 and then got a Fill-Rite 12v pump for around $180.

Check out some of your local sources as well as the online places and see what will work best for you.

Good Luck!

/ small Transfer Tank source? #4  
Hmm.. 55g drums are free at most places thet get them for fluids in bulk.. maybee 5$ if the guy thinks ya got it to spare... and a 20$ for a chinese store hand crank cheapy pump.. or 35$ for a slightly better grade chinese hand crank pump.

Then you can get or make a barell sling or clamp.

Soundguy

/ small Transfer Tank source? #5  
Dave, i found i nice used aluminum tank on Craigslist. The money i saved on it allowed me to buy an electric pump instead of the manual pump i intended to buy. There are only a few places around that have tanks in stock. One is Berube's down in Bow, the other is Tractor Supply in Merrimack. It might be a good excuse for a trip down there to browse at all the other goodies. If you don't mind waiting a few days.... i'm sure your local Sanel's or Robbin's can get you one.

/ small Transfer Tank source? #6  
Soundguy said:
Hmm.. 55g drums are free at most places thet get them for fluids in bulk.. maybee 5$ if the guy thinks ya got it to spare... and a 20$ for a chinese store hand crank cheapy pump.. or 35$ for a slightly better grade chinese hand crank pump.

Then you can get or make a barell sling or clamp.

Soundguy

Just make sure that you secure it and don't have an accident while it is in the back of your truck...because if it leaks out of the bed of your pickup truck....the Hazmat Cleanup Bill will be, as the credit card ads say...PRICELESS...:D

/ small Transfer Tank source? #7  
daveinnh said:
It's getting tiring hauling the 5 gal. yellow poly tank, but can't see spending ~ $800 for a 100 gal. tank and electric pump.

*************No ned to spend 800 bucks for a tank and pump.
There was a 300 gallon tank with the 12 volt electric pump advertised in our local BULLETIN BOARD for $100.
The pump alone is worth the asking price .
Sounds like it would be worth buying just to get the pump even if you had to junk the tank. :cool:

/ small Transfer Tank source? #8  
daveinnh said:
I'm looking for a small - say 50gal. size transfer tank - with 2-3 pickup hooks and crank pump.
How do you plan on getting it filled ?
Best way is to have the fuel delivered to you to .
*************** :cool: ***************

/ small Transfer Tank source? #9  
PaulChristenson said:
Just make sure that you secure it and don't have an accident while it is in the back of your truck...because if it leaks out of the bed of your pickup truck....the Hazmat Cleanup Bill will be, as the credit card ads say...PRICELESS...:D

As would be for -ANY- tank you had in your truck.. including it's own fuel tank. custom or commercial fabricated or not.

Soundguy

/ small Transfer Tank source? #10  
PaulChristenson said:
:D **************************:cool:

Home delivery solves that

:) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~;)