Bought the Jinma

/ Bought the Jinma #1  

kvmapr

Bronze Member
Tractor
Jinma 254
I'm a new tractor owner and I just spent my first weekend with my new Jinma model 254LE. And I have to tell you it was everything I was hoping, and more.

It all began with a trip down to Ranch Hand Supply in Chesapeake, VA to pick up my new purchase. I spent hours talking with the proprietor, Ron, and was thoroughly impressed by the way he put together and serviced the tractor before I ever showed up. Even as we stood there talking, Ron was assembling another 254LE. And he pointed out a problem that originated in the factory. He was taking care of the issue before the tractor went out the door. I'm sure that a "store bought" Jinma (i.e. Nortrac, FarmPro, AgKing, etc.) would never have uncovered or fixed the kind of problems that Ron commonly takes care of. I could have saved a couple hundred bucks with the store bought brand, but the frustration I may have encountered later would certainly not been worth it.

41179RonAndKVMAPR.JPG

I can't say enough good about the deal I got either. Ron set me up with a Koyker 160 FEL and a sturdy 5 foot rough cut mower. All three, tractor, FEL and mower, came in at a great price (Ron even filled the tires to add weight for stability in my hilly home terrain). To top it all off, Ron was cool enough to lend me his trailer to tow the thing home. That saved me some big bucks that might otherwise go into a rental or delivery fees.

But now for the good stuff. My place has been begging for a good mow all summer. So I set out first thing to give it a haircut. Getting to know the feel of the tractor was a priority, especially learning how it handles on slopes. I have 18 acres or so in West Virginia, and less than 1/4 of an acre is flat (by non-West Virginia standards). All went well and I only chewed through one cinder block lost in the tall grass.

41179MowingWalnuts.JPG

The next thing to do was play with the FEL. I had a messy old fire pit with stumps, ash and glass to clean up. The FEL made short work of what would have been a couple hours of work by hand.

41179FirePitCleanUp.JPG

The only thing I regret is that the weekend's already over. Just can't wait to get back in the saddle for some more "work". Think I'll dig a ditch next, and then clean up an old house foundation.:)

kvmapr

/ Bought the Jinma #2  
Congrats on your new tractor! You'll find plenty of projects for it!!

/ Bought the Jinma
Thanks Ductape. I do have some modest plans for the farm. I just bought it a few years ago and want to convert it from pasture to a tree farm. I have about 10 acres in pasture that I'm planning to rip, harrow, and then contour with swales and berms before planting trees. Will need all kinds of attachments to get that done.

kvmapr

/ Bought the Jinma #5  
That's a fine looking Jinma alright.
I sure like that Ron got a color matched Koyker loader for you. It looks great. I see he also turned the wheels to their widest position. Along with filling the tires, that thing should be very stable. Ron is well known for his great set up and service.+
Congratulations.

/ Bought the Jinma #6  
Mighty nice looking set up there. Good luck with your tree farm. Frank

/ Bought the Jinma #7  
kvmapr:

Welcome to TBN and congratulations on your new tractor :D! Use it safely and well :). Jay

/ Bought the Jinma #9  
Have fun with your new toy, sorry, I mean tool. yeah, that's it.

Stay safe!

/ Bought the Jinma #10  
Good eyes DAP,

Didn't notice that.......