First flat on my tractor

/ First flat on my tractor #1  

RollTideRam

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 4710 Cab
While playing with my grapple today, I knocked out the valve stem on my front tire. I'm real glad it was not a rear, and very happy I did not hurt the tire. Went to town hoping to find some tire store open. Around here, the only place open on a Saturday afternoon turned out to be Wal-mart. He put me in a new valve stem and did not even charge me. I thought that was very nice. JC

/ First flat on my tractor #2  
There are still a few nice people out there :D! He was probably having a "slow day" and you may have appeared to him to be a "nice" person (as most of us TBN'ers are :rolleyes:). Good for you and him :). Jay

/ First flat on my tractor #3  
The valve stem is another item I always keep with me along with a rock and a board. I keep the valve stem inside the tire. You can install it with a spot of motor oil and a threaded valve stem remover and a screw driver to pry it with.

/ First flat on my tractor #4  
RollTideRam said:
While playing with my grapple today, I knocked out the valve stem on my front tire. I'm real glad it was not a rear, and very happy I did not hurt the tire. Went to town hoping to find some tire store open. Around here, the only place open on a Saturday afternoon turned out to be Wal-mart. He put me in a new valve stem and did not even charge me. I thought that was very nice. JC

How did you knock out a valve stem? They're threaded in place...

/ First flat on my tractor #5  
Roy,

His is probably the standard car type ones: pull-through rubber ones. Think this is what are on my 4010 front tires. The rears are screwed on.

Ralph

/ First flat on my tractor
I don't remember what they looked like on the front. I only know that he put in a regular bubber one on the tire I took in. I know the rears are threaded, but don't recall the other front one. A big stick just popped the front one out. JC

/ First flat on my tractor #7  
It's been a few years ago, but while moving small piles of brush to one big pile with the forks on the front of the FEL bucket, I ripped a valve stem out of one front wheel on my Kubota B2710. It just came with the regular rubber valve stems in the front wheels. Of course it was 20 miles to the nearest store for me and I didn't have a spare valve stem at the time, but a neighbor did, and I put it in myself.

/ First flat on my tractor #8  
One of the pluses of not having fluid in the tires!

/ First flat on my tractor #9  
I have a nail in 1 of my front tires, I takes weeks to leak so I am just leaving it in there for now

/ First flat on my tractor #10  
There is something to be said for not loading tires. After 50 years, the calcium loaded rear rims of my JD M finally rusted thru. I really like the tubeless fronts on the newer tractors as a nail or thorn hole can be patched in under a minute.