HELP Ford 3910 A.S.C. Valve Question/Problem

/ HELP Ford 3910 A.S.C. Valve Question/Problem #1  

frankmako

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4610, Ford 3910 and YM1601D
I posted this on the Hew Holland/Ford section, but no one had an answer. Zero response.

The auxiliary service control valve does not work. The three-point hitch works, but I cannot pull the A.S.C. valve knob out (away from the tractor) to the other two positions. Also, I cannot change the speed of the three-point hitch. The valve knob is set to the fast setting (a good thing). The switch/knob will not move back and forth (front to back) and it will not pull out.

I also have a double spool remote control valves on the tractor. My book tells me to pull the A.S.C. valve handle fully out to operate external services only. Push fully in to operate the three-point linkage only (the position that it is in). And the mid-way position is selected to operate the three-point linkage and external cylinders simultaneously.

The valve has a flat head screw on the front side of the system, could this be a stop/safety screw??? Should I back the screw out some and see if I can move the valve or do I have some other bigger problem.

Frankmako