Just bought a JD 4320....advice?

/ Just bought a JD 4320....advice? #1  

markmc

Tractor
John Deere 4320
Hi Guys,
Long time lurker, first time caller. This is a great forum and I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Houston Texas and have 13acres near Hocklet that I am going to build a house, barn, driveway etc on. I intend to use a cutter to clear a lot of the land and then regulary keep it mowed. I will also be moving dirt around, moving logs, digging up trees, buiulding my own driveway and probably the pad for the barn. I think I will hire someone to dig me a 1 acre lake and use the clay for the house pad with left overs for the barn pad.

I purchased the JD 4320 with the HST and a 400CX FEL. I didnt spring for the $5k - $6k cab+a/c but with the hot weather here in Texas I am beginning to wonder if I should have.

What do all of you think who are also in a warm area? Is it worth the extra money or should I just put money into more implements. Any and all replies would be appreciated. Thanks,
Mark

/ Just bought a JD 4320....advice? #3  
Welcome to TBN. I have a 5105 which is exposed to the elements. Mowing all summer long the in heat is a pain but I also go onto unfamilar properties with lots of low hanging limbs and such so I do not think a cab would be good for my applications all the time. But I sure do wish I had one some times..Try looking into getting a canopy or umbrella. I just bought one about two months ago, I it makes all the difference to me - an umbrella that is. I can take it off easily to clear low limbs - much harder to do that with a canopy.

/ Just bought a JD 4320....advice?
dswinnerjr said:
Welcome to TBN. I have a 5105 which is exposed to the elements. Mowing all summer long the in heat is a pain but I also go onto unfamilar properties with lots of low hanging limbs and such so I do not think a cab would be good for my applications all the time. But I sure do wish I had one some times..Try looking into getting a canopy or umbrella. I just bought one about two months ago, I it makes all the difference to me - an umbrella that is. I can take it off easily to clear low limbs - much harder to do that with a canopy.

Thank you. I ordered it with a canopy. I was wondering what members thought about the health benefits of a cab. Would a sealed cab with a/c be any better than using a mask if you were prone to allergies from cutting grass?

/ Just bought a JD 4320....advice? #6  
markmc said:
Thank you. I ordered it with a canopy. I was wondering what members thought about the health benefits of a cab. Would a sealed cab with a/c be any better than using a mask if you were prone to allergies from cutting grass?

ABSOLUTELY...:D