Driving straight ?

/ Driving straight ? #1  

D7E

Veteran Member
Tractor
Versatile 895 Versatile 876 Ford TW20 Ford TW5 MF 3505 FWA MF 390 FWA Ford 7600 Fiat 766 FWA JD 2030 MF 165 MF 35 Fordson major x 3 CAT 416 b Backhoe Case 580 b backhoe MF
Planting potatoes a few years ago ..No GPS ?
Second pic is planting soy beans on a mile long field ,Just by eye . Scroll down for second pic ..Sorry ?

Last edited:
   / Driving straight ? #2  
Straight takes practice and concentrating on a distant object. I could never keep anything straight!:D Short attention span.:D

On that last picture were you dragging an ammonia tank?:D

/ Driving straight ? #4  
Good pictures!!!! How do you actually plant your potatoes.....do you have any pictures actually planting?
Thanks, Jim.

/ Driving straight ? #5  
Egon said:
Straight takes practice and concentrating on a distant object. I could never keep anything straight!:D Short attention span.:D

Yeah, I also have a short atten......hey look a butterfly!

jb

/ Driving straight ? #6  
you only have to make 1 straight line, then the tires ride in the furrow and keep you straight. Right ?:D :D

/ Driving straight ? #8  
D7E said:
Planting potatoes a few years ago ..No GPS ?
Second pic is planting soy beans on a mile long field ,Just by eye . Scroll down for second pic ..Sorry ?
My Dad was a farmer of long ago; I remember him using horses and mules to plow. It was later in his life, and when I entered school (early 1960's) that Dad had a tractor. But, he would teach me to "pick a line, pick a point at the end of the row, and keep your eye on that." It is amazing how "straight" I can go even now.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

/ Driving straight ?
Nickahawk said:
Good pictures!!!! How do you actually plant your potatoes.....do you have any pictures actually planting?
Thanks, Jim.
Planting potatoes in england is a far more complex job with more specialized machinery ...?

/ Driving straight ? #10  
Its amazing how straight you can stay if you put your mind to it. Some of the insect controls we use (merit,talstar,allectus,etc.) cost a fortune! If you dont keep straight lines and correct spacing it can mean the difference between making or losing money on a large account!