Kubota B21 "running under high pressure"

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #1  

sbaughman

Hello -

I'm new to the forum - so thanks for reading.

I was running my Kubota B21 this weekend and just finished with the backhoe - I turned the seat back and all of a suddon the hydrolics all wouldn't work and the machine was running stressed. All componenents would release but wouldn't move back up. I called Kubota service and said it sounds like its running under high pressure. They can't come out for over a week and was wondering if anyone has ever run into this and that it might be something stupid that I was doing.

Thanks -
SB

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #2  
Check your hitch lever for position. It often gets hit when changing seat position.

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure"
The hitch lever is at about 2:00 (when sitting facing front) and down. Is that correct?

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #4  
If that ain't it.. look for QD's that may have come undone or not seated good. Sounds like your system is running against relief.

Soundguy

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure"
Thanks - what is a QD?

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #6  
sbaughman:

Is your hydraulic diverter lever fully engaged or disengaged? This
handle is moved up or down to divert flow from 3-pt to hoe. If
is not fully moved, it can cause the main hydraulic pump to run
on relief.

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #7  
Welcome to the forum.
The diverter lever is below and on the right side of the seat as you face forward. The lever should be in the full upward position when using the backhoe. Full down when using the 3pt hitch. It is common for the lever to get pushed part way down when rotating the seat.

Check the quick connects on your hoses that attach that backhoe to the tractor hydraulics. If one of these is disconnected or partially disconnected that can cause a problem like you describe.

How is your hydraulic fluid level? The dip stick is on the same side as the diverter lever, lower down in front of the seat. The yellow dip stick is a pain to read unless you set it down on a paper towel. The filler cap is behind the seat.

Good luck,
MarkV

/ Kubota B21 "running under high pressure" #8  
sbaughman said:
Thanks - what is a QD?

That would be a Quick Disconnect.