Grease - How do you get it off

/ Grease - How do you get it off #31  
There is a degreaser called Purple Power or somesuch that I get at the motorcycle store, works like a champ, don't really even need the power washer just a hose with a nozzle will work. I have seen a similarly named/colored cleaner at Walmart in gallon jugs but I am not sure it is the same/works as well.

Charles

/ Grease - How do you get it off #32  
Oh, and to help get it out of your clothes... pour a can of coke in the washer along with the detergent. It actually works, used to do it with my work coveralls all the time. Something to do with the acid in there helping to breakdown the grease. Probably not going to make your whites perfectly white again but sure helps with the work clothes.

/ Grease - How do you get it off #33  
for grease on clothes and most other things that I have found there is a product sold at costco called grease eater. It is an amazing product, it will remove most anything that has a grease component to it.

/ Grease - How do you get it off #34  
jsborn said:
Stoddard solvent is a colorless, flammable liquid that smells and tastes like kerosene. It will turn into a vapor at temperatures of 150 to 200ー C. Stoddard solvent is a petroleum mixture that is also known as dry cleaning safety solvent, petroleum solvent, and varnoline; its registered trade names are Texsolve Sョ and Varsol ョ.

White Gas is a slang name for unleaded Gas produced by Amoco Gas Co.

They are hardly the same but probably still not a good idea to spray any flammable liquid under press.

just use Stoddard solvent on a shp towel and wipe would be my suggestion.

Sorry been outta town for a few days. Yes stoddard is a product that you want to be careful with, as are all degreasers, not all are flammable, but some are carcinogens etc. I would suggest that a person should know all of the properties of chemicals that they use, however, I should have stated the flammability in my original post.

Get the MSDS for any chemical that you use, the supplier is obligated to give it to you on request. By the way there is a very warped side of me that asks the likes of home depot and lowes etc to give me an MSDS when I buy a product there. The mayhem starts at that point.

/ Grease - How do you get it off #35  
I agree with Ron on the Simple Green, but I never dilute it.

Solo

/ Grease - How do you get it off #36  
SPYDERLK said:
This not a problem to me. When I brush against grease on the tractor I wipe it off of myself. The grease on the tractor belongs there.
larry

I thought you answered this question the best. I leave my grease there right up to the point I sell the tractor, then what my clothes didn't get, I wipe off all nice and pretty with shop paper towels. It takes time, but is does look good. With compacts, grease, grease grease, they need it with the small diameter pins and bushings, they wear quickly. You will spend as much time cleaning grease as you do on the tractor if you grease like I did. Similar to a helicopter maintenance shecdule. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
   / Grease - How do you get it off #37  
Just wanted to throw this in. I use what professional painters use before they paint. Wax and grease remover, works great, doesn't hurt the finish and requires very little to clean up a fair size mess.