Bit off to much!

/ Bit off to much! #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
So I started mowing this weekend and figured I might have over extended myself...or actually my L and 4' bushhog. I didn't think it would be a problem.

Attachments

• mowing.JPG
    mowing.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 799
  • mowing (1).JPG
    mowing (1).JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 708
  • mowing (2).JPG
    mowing (2).JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 697
   / Bit off to much! #2  
If that is more than an acre of two, I would say that you bit off more than you can chew. My old 2800 with the 5' shredder would take me several hours on my five acre tract.

/ Bit off to much! #3  
RobJ said:
So I started mowing this weekend and figured I might have over extended myself...or actually my L and 4' bushhog. I didn't think it would be a problem.

Mornin Rob,
Looks like youll be finishing next weekend !!! ;) :)

/ Bit off to much! #4  
If you have the time, theres no such thing as "too much" LOL
If you don't have the time, I'd say you bit off too much.

BTI

/ Bit off to much!
Well they were just some fun photos. I actually cut some shooting lanes in a few places. But that tall crap fills up my radiator screen in about 20 minutes. Believe it ir not there is some nice coastal under that we are trying to save. I did bring in some reinforcements later. This one worked well until one of the clutches burned up. I didn't get an after picture of what it did.

You can "see" this mower is about 30-40 years old they think. :D With a broken hydraulic line, we just drive it up next to a ditch in the road, then a couple of us fold it up and drive through the opening.

Attachments

• mower (2).JPG
    mower (2).JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 623
  • mower.JPG
    mower.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 568
  • mower (3).JPG
    mower (3).JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
   / Bit off to much! #6  
At least you can get through the stuff. I once tried to cut some trials through immense (8 or 10 feet tall) multi-flora with a B-7100 and a 4' hog. The entire rig floated on top of the stuff -- about 3 or 4 feet off the ground -- until the mower cut itself a hole on one side only, which resulted in stripping the splines off half the rock shaft, leaving the tractor and mower rotated 90 degrees from each other along the longitudinal axis. It was not fun getting the thing out of there.

/ Bit off to much! #7  
A trick I use is to pick up the front of the mower with the 3pt. hydraulics. This will cause the grass to be cut twice, once near the top with the final cut at the back of the mower. This might result in a little higher cut but you will find that mowing is much easier.

jmf

/ Bit off to much! #8  
I can see sunlight thru the deck :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BTI

/ Bit off to much! #9  
BTI said:
I can see sunlight thru the deck :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

BTI

Deck? What Deck?
Yeah, that's a little scary looking! Wouldn't wanna be too close to that when it's running. Don't think the chain guards would do much good in that baby!;)

/ Bit off to much! #10  
RobJ said:

You didn't bite off more than you can chew, it just looks like you've got a project. That doesn't look too bad to me... About like what I do twice a year, used to do it with my old 8N and my 5' 'hog, now with my Mahindra.

When stuff is tall like that, you can go in reverse... the radiator will stay much cleaner that way. I couldn't do that with the 8N... but it's no problem with the Mahindra.

Get in there and have fun with it! ;)