Some woods work for my L

/ Some woods work for my L #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Another couple pics from this weekend. One sweet thing about a small tractor is that they are small. I can get in the woods, weave between trees, clear out ATV trails and shooting lanes. 1.5 inch softwoods is about as big as I will go with this one. Every now and then I'll get one that the tractor will ride up on a bit. :D

Attachments

• tractorinwoods.JPG
    tractorinwoods.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 504
  • tractorinwoods (1).JPG
    tractorinwoods (1).JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 468
   / Some woods work for my L #3  
RobJ:

Nice pictures :). I really like your grill guard- pretty solid looking :D. Looking at your L2500 makes me miss my old Ford 1100 with its front blade- now that was a grill guard for going in the woods (It did take away ground clearance though.). Jay

/ Some woods work for my L
Thanks, in hingsight I might have done it a little fancier but being cheap I went with the 3" channel that the scrap yard had on hand. If you look you can see the layers, on top of the 3" is a 4", then on top of that is a 5" (the 5" piece is a little short...see the bolts). If I find a 6" piece of channel I'll get it and put it on to add some weight.

But as wide as it is it really lays over the stuff I'm mowing real nice.

Thanks,
Rob

/ Some woods work for my L
Egon said:
Will you be adding a FEL?:D :D

hmmm, nope. A fel would cost about as much as I paid for this thing. Actually needed one and if I do I have plenty around me.

/ Some woods work for my L #7  
Yikes :eek:

That PTO looks pretty lethal to me. I really think you should get a shaft guard for it. You never know what can happen and how quickly it happens.

Nice pictures though :)

/ Some woods work for my L #8  
Mornin Rob,
Gee that is a stout lookin grill guard, nice work ! Looks a bit like one of those baggage shuttle rigs at the airport ! ;)