Who really makes Challenger tractors?

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #1  

N80

Tractor
Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL
I was at the SC State Fair yesterday. The livestock exhibits were great but otherwise there was not much to see on the Ag side of things. The only tractors they had there were Challengers (which I found surprising and disappointing). There was one monstrous articulated deal but the rest were utility or CUT sized machines. I was relatively impressed with how beefy they looked and prices were reasonable. They had decals on them from the local Caterpiller dealership and they are painted in Cat colors. But, someone said the engine tag had a Chinese name on it.

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #2  
Agco with engines from Iseki could be built in Japan or China. Usally in Japan.
Same engines as Massey and Agco in CUT's I own an Agco and have very pleased with it.

Sactovalley

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #3  
I believe Cat sold that line to Agco some time back.

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #4  
Same company that owns/builds MTD law mowers! :)

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #5  
I don't know who makes MTD. But I do have some files from AGCO that cross reference their CUTs. They are attached. This is for '05 models so it Challenger may have swapped hands, but I believe they are still AGCO.

Attachments

• 2005 compact x-ref.pdf
    53.8 KB · Views: 311
  • New compact models.pdf
    49.7 KB · Views: 280
  • New compact serial number.pdf
    453.1 KB · Views: 259
   / Who really makes Challenger tractors? #6  
All the compacts are made for AGCO by Iseki in Japan. The utility size are made by AGCO but are Masseys. There are a few that have Cat engines in them for the Challenger line.

/ Who really makes Challenger tractors? #7  
A lot of challenger is MF and track machines use NH cabs and hoods ?