4x4 power

/ 4x4 power #51  
<font color=blue>No, we were specifically talking about the Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus type SUV's</font color=blue>

Lets not forget the Geo Trackers, the Suziki Samarai, and thier ilk.

/ 4x4 power #52  
<font color=blue>Lets not forget the Geo Trackers, the Suziki Samarai, and thier ilk.
</font color=blue>
The Suzuki Samurai is actually quite capable and has gained almost cult status among hardcore offroaders for what it can do. It can scoot over mud like a waterbug, and navigate trails that larger rigs can't get through. There is a lot of aftermarket support for the Sammi and it's easy to build into a rock crawler.

Timd
Disclaimer: I drive a jeep

/ 4x4 power #53  
<font color=blue>Well I know most of the guys on here aren't yuppies either.
</font color=blue>
Doc -

I think we're mostly yrppies...

Timd

/ 4x4 power #54  
It gets tougher every year to find a truck with manual hubs, let alone a solid front axle and <gasp> a manual transmission. I think it might be down to the F250. Dodge abandoned manual hubs a year or two ago. There are aftermarket manual hubs from Warn and Milemarker for most trucks, but it just galls me to have to pay for "features" I don't want and then pay again to retrofit something simple that just plain works. I think what brought on the demise of manual hubs was ABS brakes.

Timd

/ 4x4 power #55  
Just don't forget that the original Jeep didn't have manual hubs. What was old is new again....

/ 4x4 power #56  
I kinda look at the Samurai and all of the other knock offs as the VW Beetle of the 90's. A great little fun (relatively) inexpensive phenomenon. As long as you understand that they are not exactly tough compared to a truck. But then there are the little Lexus, BMW, Mercedes small 4x4 that cost as much if not more than a Lincoln Navigator. I think I saw that the BMW was around 60k!/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I guess the car companies are fortunate that there are so many of us with such a variety of tastes. Pretty much anything will sell. GM's Aztec.....'nuf said.

Jeff

/ 4x4 power #57  
<font color=blue>GM's Aztec.....'nuf said.</font color=blue>

OMG... Driving down road one day and just stared at this vehicle. I turned to wife and aske what kind vehicle that was because that was the most ugly thing I have ever seen on wheels.

I've contemplated going to dealership, feign some interest in one just to hear the guy give a sales pitch and extole it's virtues...but then...I remember I was going to manually clean the sides of the inside of my septic tank .../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ 4x4 power #58  
<font color=blue>most ugly thing I have ever seen on wheels</font color=blue>

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gifWell, they're selling them, so someone must disagree, but everyone I know agrees with you./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ 4x4 power #59  
It's probably just the difference of having to kick them off the showroom floor as opposed to them jumping off.

Jeff

/ 4x4 power #60  
I talked to a couple of salsemen on the lot about an Aztec. Even they agreed it was the ugliest car they had seen! We laughed pretty hard with them.