Wife's first comments

/ Wife's first comments #31  
3RRL said:
I didn't think about the dozer ... man that is a great idea. How in the heck is she going to take care of that garden without one??? I'm positive she will need one, right?:D

I have got to tell ya, I haven't figured out how you've been able to do all the stuff that you do at your place. Me, my little Case 310 dozer was my 1st tractor and it was indispensable when we 1st bought our property.:D But I'm with you and a smaller tractor sure would be nice for a lot of the chores.:cool:

/ Wife's first comments #32  
MtnViewRanch said:
Unfortunately I have no barn at this time,:( only a few containers. So I only have room for the 4 smallest ones. The Cat, Case 1200. Case 580E have to sit outside for now.:( The barn that I want to put up is going to cost me well over 100k just for material and I can't swing that $$$ amount yet.:eek: Plan on putting up a shed (20x48) next to the biggest container before the end of the year and that will be big enough to get those under cover.:D

These are cheaper...:D
Free Standing Buildings

/ Wife's first comments #33  
PaulChristenson said:

They most definitely are less $$$. But with that said I would not put those up if I got them for free. Two reasons, 1st & most important, I don't like them. 2nd, they will not hold up in our area, we have constant winds. A neighbor about 2 miles down from us put 3 of these up. All the material has been shredded from the wind. If you are going to put any arch buildings up in our area they had best be steel and I don't like those either.

/ Wife's first comments #34  
MtnViewRanch said:
They most definitely are less $$$. But with that said I would not put those up if I got them for free. Two reasons, 1st & most important, I don't like them. 2nd, they will not hold up in our area, we have constant winds. A neighbor about 2 miles down from us put 3 of these up. All the material has been shredded from the wind. If you are going to put any arch buildings up in our area they had best be steel and I don't like those either.

Heck I'd assume an earthquake or fire would destroy them first...:eek:

/ Wife's first comments #35  
PaulChristenson said:
Heck I'd assume an earthquake or fire would destroy them first...:eek:

How true that is, been watching the news huh.

/ Wife's first comments #36  
MtnViewRanch said:
How true that is, been watching the news huh.

I hope all you CA members are out of the line of fire, so to speak...:eek:

I'm still waiting to hear from some distant cousins and some of the SDYC members on how they have fared during this latest disaster....:confused:

/ Wife's first comments #37  
My wife and I have a very different relationship then most when it comes to the equipment. She runs a landscaping / lawncare business, so most of the equipment truly is for her.

That said, I will push and push to buy something, and she will finally cave in and we will buy it, then she will ask me why I kept her from having it so long. The dump trailer has been probably the best example of that.

The Back hoe on the other hand. She kept saying how we did not need one, so I brought her down to dig the ditch with me for the 20' long drain culvert we needed to add to the driveway and bring in the gravel etc. At about the halfway point it was "how much do those back hoes cost?" Time we got done it was, "so when is that backhoe getting delivered?"

/ Wife's first comments #38  
RoyJackson said:
That's pretty good...

My wife's first words (when see saw my first machine, a Deere 670) were"
"Oh Goody...it's got a bucket...easier to bury you wi
th it..."

You crack me up RJ.:D