Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #11  
That was going to be my suggestion, that it might have UV dye added to it for leak detection.

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #12  
This is the greenish stuff that was in my 3320 hydro trans and front axle.

Attachments

• filter out.JPG
    filter out.JPG
    350 KB · Views: 229
  • old hydro fluid.JPG
    old hydro fluid.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 216
   / Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #13  
You wouldn't expect a green tractor to have orange or red fluid now, would ya?:)

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #14  
I would think hydraulic fluid and antifreeze would feel totally different even if they looked the same.

Check your coolant overflow reservoir. Make sure it is not overfilled or overflowing.

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #15  
Jed, I think you struck oil there:D ......call the dealer and ask. I have seen oil with that green tint. I think that Kendall oil has a green tint. Good to check and besure.;)

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320
Ok, I am not insane :) I just looked again, it is certainly green.....probably not kelly green but certainly green. Now that I collected some I see it does feel like gear oil. Please see attached pictures of the area of damage, again my main question is: does this cup protect something or is it some sort of seal itself?? It may make the difference between warrenty and not covered. The dent although ugly does not seem to have a hole or tear or crack.

Attachments

• DCP_9355.JPG
    DCP_9355.JPG
    666.8 KB · Views: 233
  • DCP_9357.JPG
    DCP_9357.JPG
    690.1 KB · Views: 217
now I got way to ambitios. I popped the cap off whereas it was leaking clearly around it. I will go to JD and try to get one tommorrow. Now there appears to be no sealer or gasket so what seals this or hold it in?? Can i just tap it in with a rubber mallet? Anyone run into this before?
Any helo would be great.
Thanks
joe

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #18  
It looks some what like a casting plug seal that are in a gas auto engine. It looks like it just drives in. I would sure use some kind of sealer, just make sure you put it in stright. Like you were putting a seal in. When you go to get the new one, ask what they use.

Lee

Yes it does look like just a press in plug, I could find no residue of sealer on it. It also cam right out with a simple pry with a tiny screw driver. I will check with JD on it to see what they use, and of course get more of that antifreeze looking gear oil.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe

/ Antifreeze in axle...is it possible? JD3320 #20  
Maybe your tractor has an infection.:D