What state should you live in to afford the most tractors?

/ What state should you live in to afford the most tractors? #31  
I'm convinced that the only way to get ahead of the tax regime is to quit working and go on welfare.

The CNN link is interesting - I live in the #3 place for high property taxes, and I grew up in the #2 place. What galls me is that two-thirds of my property taxes go to support the schools and I have no kids. That's well over $5000 to me. Someone explain how property ownership is linked to education?

Anyway, I think that a choice of low taxes has a lot to do with your income and assets. If you earn a lot of money you need a low income tax; own land, low property tax, etc. As time and life goes on that might discourage someone to put down roots somewhere.

The People's Republic of New Jersey wants to sell ["asset monetize"] the Turnpike. Next they'll be selling all the preserved farmland!

/ What state should you live in to afford the most tractors? #32  
HappyCPE said:
I'm convinced that the only way to get ahead of the tax regime is to quit working and go on welfare.

The CNN link is interesting - I live in the #3 place for high property taxes, and I grew up in the #2 place. What galls me is that two-thirds of my property taxes go to support the schools and I have no kids. That's well over $5000 to me. Someone explain how property ownership is linked to education?

Anyway, I think that a choice of low taxes has a lot to do with your income and assets. If you earn a lot of money you need a low income tax; own land, low property tax, etc. As time and life goes on that might discourage someone to put down roots somewhere.

The People's Republic of New Jersey wants to sell ["asset monetize"] the Turnpike. Next they'll be selling all the preserved farmland!

That is because people who own property are smart and therefore see the benefit of a educated public...:rolleyes: