Oil & Fuel Diesel fuel filter

/ Diesel fuel filter #1  

mcskipper

Hi Guys,

I'm a new guy to the sight with an old tractor.

Just picked up an Bolens-Iseki G174.
17HP 3 cyl. diesel 4WD

The original fuel filter has been removed and an in-line filter used in it's place.
The in-line looks too small and has no water seporator area.

It's my assumption that an elament could not be had for the original filter holder.

So I need to find a smallish unit to replace the in-line.

Thanks in advance.

Vic

P.S. I was a farm boy until 1966.
Have tractor changed!

/ Diesel fuel filter #2  
Stop by any local International truck dealership and ask to take a look through their FleetGuard filter catalog. They make a very large assortment of filter housings and filters. You should be able to find something there that should work. Second option that shouldn't be to hard to find would be to hit the auto salvage yard and find a old 6.9 or 7.3L International engine in a Ford P/U truck and take the filter housing off of it.

/ Diesel fuel filter
All good ideas!!!!!!

Thanks.

/ Diesel fuel filter #5  
I was in a similar position and needed a small filter. I bought one of these. Racor makes excellent products, and this is one of the smaller quality diesel filters.

/ Diesel fuel filter #6  
The filter on my 4010 isn't much bigger than a small in-line one. I'd be inclined to just put 2 of them in series. The first one will filter trash and cause the water to coalesce(sp?). Then just watch for little drops of water to appear in the second one. Maybe tie the second one so it's vertical going up.

In 200+k miles on my Benz diesel, I've NEVER EVER gotten any water in its diesel. I carry a spare filter in case I do but have never used it. I just use it for the next change and place the new in as spare.

I actually have a filter combined with a water drop-out and cock that I bought for the Benz but couldn't figure a way to mount it so it would look okay and be easy to get to. Needless to say, I'm glad I didn't. If you're interested in having it, I could ship it to you. Don't recall where it came from; so getting a replacement filter might present a problem. Think I still have it anyway, out in the garage. Bought the thing about 22-23 years ago. The Benz is almost 25 years old.

Ralph