LOADER

/ LOADER #1  

Anonymous Poster

I PURCHASED A JD 445 W/ 60IN MOWER AND FRONT BLADE.
I NEED TO BACK FILL MY BUILDING WITH DURT, THEN SPREAD GRAVEL INSIDE. A LOADER FOR THIS TRACTOR IS $3000.00, BUT NOT SURE IF THIS IS CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB. I THINK THE BUCKET IS 4'. THE WEIGHT LIMIT IS SOMEWHERE AROUND 350LBS. CAN THE BUCKET BE FILLED WITH DURT OR GRAVEL? OR IS THIS TOO MUCH WEIGHT?
PLEASE HELP.
JAY

/ LOADER #2  
If it was built for the tractor, it'll likely handle the load for it's size. That size loader, I'd expect a LOT of trips to do much work. My Kubota B2710 has an LA402 loader with an 880 Lb capacity.

/ LOADER #3  
Generally I like to do as many jobs with my tractor as possible. I bought my tractor so that I wouldn't have to rent a piece of equipment to get a job done. With that said, I think you should rent a larger tractor. $3K is a LOT for a loader that can only lift 350 lbs. My 16LA loader on my TC35 can lift 1800lbs and it cost about $3K! If memory serves, a JD455 is a small lawn and garden type tractor. To use a loader effectively you generally need counter-weights on the back of the tractor.

For $3K you could easily rent a larger tractor for a weekend and get a lot more work done with plenty of money to spare.

Peter

/ LOADER #4  
I agree Paccorti, I think renting is the way to go. I think it will be rough to do what you'd like to with the 455. $3K is a high price to pay for a loader, that may not do the job. I used my Wheelhorse 16hp with a blade to push the ground around my shed, and gravel for my driveway. It was very time consuming, and fustrating. The weight of the tractor limits your pushing, and lifting abilities. Good Luck with your project. Kent

/ LOADER #5  
JMP; I would recommend that you put this post in the John Deere Owning and Operating board, and you will get more 445 experienced owners to comment. They sem to figure a way around a lot of obstacles. Everyone here, s right sofar in telling you that $3k is too much, $2500 is typically the going price for that loader. A 410 loader for my 4100 is only $2500. Also I think you can get a 60" bucket for that unit and that should lift more than 350 lbs.

/ LOADER #6  
I would not spend that much money on that particular loader. it is not up to JD's usual standards. It has a very limited capacity and putting a larger and heavier bucket on it will not increase it's capacity but will in fact reduce it. I vote for hire it out or put the money toward a new JD4010 which comes with the excellent JD loader and ROP and hydro and all the neat stuff or need I say (shhhhhh---get a BX). J

/ LOADER #7  
will agree with majority here, way to much money for a loader for that machine, and i don;t think it will do the job. rent one or hire that part out.
TresCrows<font color=orange>YOUR COLORS ARE SHOWING AGAIN</font color=orange> /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif