Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!)

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!)
I have had to use my diff lock a couple times in that mud. Not sure if I would have actually gotten stuck without it, because I was still digging with the scoop. But it sure does come in handy.

I prefer using the scoop in its foward position. In the rear position I don't want to risk breaking anything since the 3pt is meant to pull and not push, and also I find it very useless in reverse to be honest. It works much better in the forward position in my opinion.

The dirt that I am digging out is just getting placed around the back of the pond. The land is sloped and it will need to be built up some on the "back", which is the side that is near to the blue tarp in the pictures.

The excess dirt will go to fill in holes in the pasture.

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #12  
I didn't look at it that way and I understand what you mean. I have never used one and looking at the pictures it just looked like it would work better.
Lee

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #13  
Where's all the photographer helpers when you need one? Sure is tuff having to get out the tractor in the middle of a mudhole and go take pics then get back on with 50 pounds of mud on your boots.:rolleyes:

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #14  
I wonder what the horses were thinking of all this activity. They seemed to be wearing resigned expressions.
Bob

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #15  
Dennis, looks like loads of fun! Thanks for the photos.

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #16  
Leejohn said:
I didn't look at it that way and I understand what you mean. I have never used one and looking at the pictures it just looked like it would work better.
Lee

i just did some scoop work the same way, drive in a big circle forward and never even stop. Working in reverse would be best if you were moving a pile of something, no way get over the top of a tall pile.

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #17  
Best way to get on top of the pile is by using your boxblade to move just enough of the pile a couple feet to allow the rear wheels to be higher than ground level, thus elevating the tractor which lowers the pile. Kind of building a ramp on one side.
David from jax

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #18  
"I wonder what the horses were thinking of all this activity"
They seem to have went out and got a boat already. planing to ski or fish I assume

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #19  
Photographer helper was probably right there, but got covered with mud while rolling on the ground laughing at him sitting in the middle of that pond with mud up to his knees and those tires throwing mud everywhere!
David from jax