Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!)

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
I am slowly plugging away at digging a small pond. I really don't know if it will hold any water or what... but I am having a lot of fun on my tractor.

I had originally made it smaller, but I decided today that I wanted to make it a big larger so that I could have more room to dig deeper. So I hooked up the dirt scoop and got to work.

At one point I had to break through the wall of the smaller pond. Well everything turned in to a big mudpit. And I kept on going. I've got a long way to go, but I'm slowly getting there. I couldn't be happier with this little Yanmar.

P1010061-3.jpg

P1010060-3.jpg

P1010059-3.jpg

P1010058-2.jpg

P1010055-2.jpg

P1010053-2.jpg

P1010052-1.jpg

P1010051.jpg

P1010050.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010048.jpg

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #2  
Glad you like your 1401D. I had one for six years and found it to be extremely reliable and hardworking. I abused it with an oversized FEL installed and never broke anything. It would walk right through terrain that leaves my Kioti CK20 stuck and pushing with the backhoe to get it out. I really love my new Kioti, but sometimes miss the old Yanmar...:(

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #3  
love the pics man!! That looks like a lot of fun.

?? the scoop seems to be a a pretty steep angle, it that to get it to bite or does it level out when you lower the 3pt? I keep mine at a slight angle but if i put it at to much of an angle dry loose dirt will fall out.

Thanks,
Rob

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #4  
Why don't you turn your dirt scoop around? You could move more dirt and dig alittle better. Lee

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #5  
Ha!
Those are great pictures. I'm s glad you took them because they show you were having a blast! Made my day.
Thanks for sharing.

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #6  
That sure beats the best day at work. I'd play in the mud anyday..

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #7  
It sure looks like a lot of fun!

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #8  
jimmer2880 said:
It sure looks like a lot of fun!

Great pictures :D! I am not allowed to have that much fun :(. I love getting the tractor dirty :cool:. Jay

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #9  
Leejohn said:
Why don't you turn your dirt scoop around? You could move more dirt and dig a little better. Lee
And don't be afraid to use your differential lock.

/ Yanmar operation in the mud (w/ pics!) #10  
I don't use my scoop nearly as much as I used to, but have always felt better about it in the forward position, rather than turning it around and pushing into something. Plus it keeps you from having to constantly shift gears, as you can just make a big circle when it is in the position that DFO has it, rather than stopping and backing into the edge of the pond. When moving a dirt pile, it seems easier, unless you can get the tractor to ride over the top of the pile, then forward motion again takes president. There is also a lot less chance of damage to the tractor when using it in the forward motion as he is currently doing.
DFO,
What are you doing with the spoils of your activities?
David from jax