Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST?

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #1  

VT365

What size disc harrow will my Kioti DK40HST Comfortably pull in a wide range of soil conditions? 7', 8' wide?

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #2  
Are you talking about a transport disc or a three point hitch? I am pulling a 10 ft. transport disc with my 45 and it pulls it well (In 4wd.). Just my opinion but I think you would be safe with an 8 ft. but be sure you can lift it easily if it's 3 ph. Not sure what your 3ph capacity is with the 40. If you have a loader I would take the bucket off and leave the loader arms on for extra weight up front.

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #3  
My NHTC40DA will pull our 6-1/2ft 3point disc cutting almost to the hubs - needs 4wd low & about 2500 rpm to do so (this is in already plowed ground). Our soils are pretty heavy but not gumbo.. Your soil conditions & moisture will affect how yours does.

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #4  
I pull a 8' 3pt unit with a DK35 without any problem, I just don't adjust the gangs to the most aggressive setting.

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #5  
And if your close to me, I have a six and a half foot 18/20" in like new condition, I think I have a picture in ( my other gallery )
Jim
:)

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #6  
Oleozz said:
If you have a loader I would take the bucket off and leave the loader arms on for extra weight up front.

How come?

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #7  
Just feel that the more weight you have up front when pulling heavy ground engaging implements the better off you are. I will be putting 600 lbs of weights on the front of my old IH to pull a 4 bt plow and a disc.

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #8  
Definitely agree with that, I just didn't understand why you woud remove the bucket. Better visibility?

/ Disc Harrow for Kioti DK40HST? #9  
i don't think you're going to have any trouble with either a 7/8' harrow. like TwinWillows said, soil condition will determine what you can pull. i've attached a pic of my DK55 pulling a transport harrow (think it's 10'.. never measured it).

pf

Attachments

• discharrow_cabview.jpg
    discharrow_cabview.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 302
  • dk55_discharrow.jpg
    dk55_discharrow.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 455