FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference?

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #11  
I think Karl is referring to a Sure Shot can. I hadn't thought of that and will try it, since I have 3-4 laying around. So far, I thinned some with WD 40 and it seems to be working well. It lets me spray it with a small squirt bottle and even though the WD kind of goes away, it seems to leave the Fluid Film where I want it. The pressurized sure shot deal should be better though.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #12  
Toni (cjstr),

I haven't tried the Sure Shot-but I bet they would work and save some bucks over getting the small aerosal cans. The aerosals can be had in bulk of 12 or more for about $5.05.

McMaster Carr

The Sure Shot would free you from the air hose and is a great idea, thanks!

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference?
Thanks, Karl
Just ordered 4 cans from McMaster Carr.
I'll let you know how it works for me.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #14  
Tried Mo-Deck last yr. and couldn't tell a difference, grass would still stick in the same places.
For me it didn't work out.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #15  
Heck..you can even get the Sure Shot cans in Chrome, if ya really want to be styling....Sureshot Products

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference?
Received 4 cans of Fluid Film, mail order from McMaster Carr (thanks, Karl).
Put it on my snowthrower, and found it much more effective than the MO-DECK. I cleaned the snow/ice/mud from the snowthrower as best I could, and it seemed like when I sprayed the Fluid Film on, it penetrated under the packed on stuff and it slid off. Temp was about 20F when I sprayed it on the snowthrower.
Will have to wait till next spring to see how it works on the mower deck, but so far I'm impressed. Coincidentally, I had to replace the battery in my truck, so I sprayed it on the terminals and the tray.
I'll post later after I've had time to see how it works, I'd be curious to hear from others.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #17  
I sprayed a product on my deck that looks like pencil lead when dry. Never again. It wears off unevenly. The bottom of the deck is in three stages of ugly. Part of it has no paint, just bare metal. Part has paint showing. Part has the stuff still on it.
I decided to clean the deck really well and repaint it. Now I can't get the stuff off down to bare metal.
Just my 2 pennies worth, but you might remember that any coating won't wear off evenly.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #18  
Chips,

I hope you like it, I just got a (truck mounted) spreader for salt with all the freezing rain we have been having and coated that with FF and the back of the truck etc. My shoot on the blower never sticks, which is coated, but it is near vertical in rise. I spray it there mainly to stop corrosion and it does that great.

You should have plenty of opportunity where we live to test it. :rolleyes:

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #19  
I'm dragging this up from the dead. I just finished a deck restoration. Rustoleum paint has been drying for 3 days in the sun.
Seemed done to me.
Sprayed on the Mo-deck and the paint immediately crazed. Sigh o_O
It's just going to have to stay that way as I am not stripping this thing again.
I have plenty of FF on hand. Should have just used that I guess.

/ FLUID FILM, MO-DECK, what's the difference? #20  
Been my experience that NOTHING lasts on the underside of a mower deck for maybe a few minutes and then it's gone. I just pressure wash mine a couple times a year and give it a shot of motor oil mixed with diesel fuel and fogged on the underside. My deck is 15 years old and just fine underneath.