New Carport

/ New Carport #1  

Dmace

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20 HST
Finally, I can leave my tractor resting under a sturdy carport with no worries of snow fall, rain, sun, etc...

I have been using a small (12wx20lx10h) tarp carport that I purchased about 6 years ago for just $300. It has served me well, but was a real pain to clean the snow off of the roof after every storm and constantly finding holes and water leaks in the roof. After the roof split and completely tore in half, I decided to get a real carport and never have to worry about it again.

Luckily I have a nearby reseller that carries the T-N-T Carports Inc. brand and there was one setup to check out. They are incredibly well built with 12 gauge galvinized steel and metal roofing available in 13 different colors.

There are a ton of different sizes available and since I wanted it big enough for two vehicles and high enough to not have to worry about my cab, I went with a 18'wx21'l with 7' sides. The standard is 5' sides but for just $100 more you can get 7' sides and I am glad I did.

The carport all together with the taller sides and evergreen metal roofing was $1200 setup and delivered right at my house. The best deal anywhere around here.

Here are some pictures of the new unit. Now I need to figure out how I want to close in the sides and back.

Click any pictures for larger images.

Old carport...

/ New Carport #2  
Looks great ! I've seen theese closed in with the same type metal roofing all around and a roll-up door in the framed in front wall. Great little barn. There is a guy near me selling these...... i need to stop in and look at the ones he sells. I'm scared of how my town would tax something like this though !

/ New Carport #3  
Very nice!. I should have thought about this for the outdoor covered dog runs I am building. Would have saved me a bundle vs. building a wood building! Doubt the dogs would have cared so long as they are out of the weather when they are outside.

/ New Carport #4  
Luckily I have a nearby reseller that carries the T-N-T Carports Inc.

Unfortunately, I did not have a local reseller, so I bought one (same brand) on the Internet from a reseller in another state. It was just for a carport in a mobile home park so we stayed with the 5' sides and a 20' x 20' carport and I paid $781.09 on October 21, 2003, for it. Almost a year later, September 24, 2004, I paid $752.34 for another of the same thing for a daughter, but it was only 18' x 20'.

Since my wife's birthday is New Year's Eve, our daughters decorated our carport in December '03 whle we were out somewhere.:D

Attachments

• PC310003 (Small).JPG
    PC310003 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 975
   / New Carport #5  
Hey Bird,

How difficult was it putting them together? My brother was just looking at getting one. I mentioned to him that we could probably build it ourselves to save him some money. Those are stout units!

/ New Carport #6  
Adam23 said:
Hey Bird,

How difficult was it putting them together? My brother was just looking at getting one. I mentioned to him that we could probably build it ourselves to save him some money. Those are stout units!

Adam, I'm sure there's a little more to it than it looks like watching the experienced people do it, but yes, it looks like a pretty easy thing to do. And I understand some companies will sell you the material and you can put it up, but when I talked to T-N-T, they would not do that. It's been awhile so it's possible they've changed some policies, but if not, they only price and sell them "installed" so they can guarantee them. They have special trailers designed to carry all the material for several of those carports plus their tools, ladders, and equipment, have 2 man crews that travel in crewcab dually, 4 x 4 Ford trucks. So when they showed up, they were finished and ready to leave in 2 hours.

/ New Carport
Yeah, I had 3 guys show up to install the carport and they had a special trailer since the roof trusses are one piece and pretty long. The whole thing is put together with large self tapping sheet metal screws and all the pieces fit together easily. Since it comes with a 20-yr warranty, I have no problem letting them install it. They were here and gone within 1-1/2 hrs.

/ New Carport #8  
Hi Dmace--Very nice carport, I'm looking for one to stick my tractor in. I'm guessing you did all the site prep, leveling, stones, etc., before they arrived?

/ New Carport #9  
Dmace-thanks for posting this.

I need something like that for my tractor and tent trailer. I was going to build a small pole barn but what you have is better and probably about the same cost.

/ New Carport #10  
Ductape said:
There is a guy near me selling these...... i need to stop in and look at the ones he sells. I'm scared of how my town would tax something like this though !
I put up a 'carport' similar to Dmace's old one when I was living in Taxachusetts. The town did not consider it a permanent structure and therefore did not tax it. :) Seems to be same situation where I live here in Maine now.