My little girl's first tractor

/ My little girl's first tractor #1  

Spiveyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 6610 II
Thought I'd share this with you all. I'm sure you've seen these here and there, but we just got this for my little girl. Figured I'd start her off right. She picked this over a Barbie Jeep:

She had such a blast, she wanted me to get in my tractor and follow her around. It even has a working FEL:

However, being very safety conscious, she was concerned about having enough ballast for the FEL load, so...

:D It makes a heart warm. Not sure what we'll get munchkin #2 when he's old enough.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. It's easy to see what I'm thankful for.

/ My little girl's first tractor #2  
She shouldn't be operating that with the ROPS folded down!! Cute kids, you are blessed indeed.

/ My little girl's first tractor
Yeah, when I was putting it together my wife asked if it had a ROPS. I pointed to it and said that it was right there. She said it was shorter than our little girl. :eek:

/ My little girl's first tractor #4  
So cool. :) My grandparents were farmers, got me and my brother red Farmall pedal tractors back in the '60's. We just loved them, matched Grandpa's 'H'. Moved to our hobby farm 3 years ago, my mother dragged mine out for my kids. Of course, it's a collector's item now, worth a whole 160.00 :rolleyes: so my kids ride it.

Nice looking family.:cool:

/ My little girl's first tractor #5  
Spiv, I also don't see the safety chains on that trailer, that's might valuable cargo she's haulin'.

/ My little girl's first tractor #6  
Have you estimated MILEAGE yet? ;)

Kids are what makes the world go 'round!

/ My little girl's first tractor #7  
Great pictures........ I was thinking of getting one for my grandson. But he won,t be three years old until May. How old is your daughter Grandma hear says he is to young. Also is that the pedal model or electric.? Thanks Garry:D

/ My little girl's first tractor #8  
Great pictures!!!!!!!!

Good thing she got it just in time to help you clean up that debri in you yard. Might have had issues when the bush hog hit it. hahaha

Eddie

/ My little girl's first tractor #9  
Spiveyman said:
Not sure what we'll get munchkin #2 when he's old enough.

Attachments!
Those are cute pics of your beautiful children. Thanks for sharing.

/ My little girl's first tractor
davitk said:
So cool. :) My grandparents were farmers, got me and my brother red Farmall pedal tractors back in the '60's. We just loved them, matched Grandpa's 'H'. Moved to our hobby farm 3 years ago, my mother dragged mine out for my kids. Of course, it's a collector's item now, worth a whole 160.00 :rolleyes: so my kids ride it.

Thanks, my papaw had a Farmall too, and the old red pedal version. Loved it. Not sure where that thing is.

Farmwithjunk said:
Have you estimated MILEAGE yet?

Ha! :) That puppy is electric, so I guess it'd be about 2 miles/lb coal to make the electricity.

Manitou said:
Great pictures........ I was thinking of getting one for my grandson. But he won,t be three years old until May. How old is your daughter Grandma hear says he is to young. Also is that the pedal model or electric.?

It's a grandma's job to say he's too young, it's a grandpa's job to get him in the seat as soon as he can sit up.

My wife got mad at me for stepping away long enough to take that picture, but I figured he'd just bounce if he fell off with all that clothing on. :D He's 8 months old. Daughter is 3, but she has a cousin who had one when he was 2 years old and he got quite good a driving that thing well before he turned 3. That's really cool of you to do that for them. My granny, who's farm I bought, actually gave us the money for that. It helps 'cause young parents can't always afford such nice things. We were very appreciative.

EddieWalker said:
Good thing she got it just in time to help you clean up that debri in you yard. Might have had issues when the bush hog hit it. hahaha

:) Yeah, she's good about that. Of course she's also pretty good about redispersing that debris, and now she has the tools to do both.