Refueling effort

/ Refueling effort #21  
slick diamond, hehe one o these days when i dont have 2 million must do projects ... ;) actually when I redo my barn I may do that as well as adding a gas tank for my lil car.

/ Refueling effort #22  
Newbie here. First post. For those with a Kubota L3130 (and possibly other engines) the upper portion of a 1 gallon Cranberry juice container yields a snug fit into the diesel fill neck. Always had trouble with funnels moving at exactly the wrong time.

/ Refueling effort #23  
Them Kubotas run on anything...
Welcome to the forum.
Jake

/ Refueling effort #24  
Hi Squeak, (Bruce),

It's nice meeting you! That's a great idea. And the bottles are clear, making it easy to see so you don't overfill. I've got a bottle in the fridge that will find a new life.

I imagine ya'lls got some snow up there about now? It's been really warm down here for this time of year. In the 70's. It will mess the plants up since they want to come out of dormancy.

/ Refueling effort #25  
Diamondpilot said:
I have a 16'x20' shop inside my pole barn. I made the ceiling/upper level floor joist extra stout. I then bought one of those 300 gallon clear plastic fuel grade containers that sits up there. I then got the right fittings to put on a spin on filter and 15' of hose with a nozzle. I get it filled about 3 times a year by the local co-op and it works great. No electric, no pumps, just gravity. I have less than $100 in the setup and have used it for 3 years now.

Chris
If the hose ever leaks it will drain the tank.
I don't like the idea of storing fuel inside.

/ Refueling effort #26  
LBrown59 said:
If the hose ever leaks it will drain the tank.
I don't like the idea of storing fuel inside.

Liquid under pressure is always a bad idea. I have long been a proponent of outdoor bathrooms.

/ Refueling effort #27  
It was getting old holding a diesel can to fill the tractor. On my old tractor, I could rest it on the cab window opening but not on the new one. I installed an eye bolt in the ceiling above the tractor. I take a diesel can and suspend it from the ceiling using an adjustable tie down strap. Works real well. Makes it easy to use my funnel with the fuel sock to remove water.

Ken

/ Refueling effort #28  
I bought two of these "Flo n Go's"; one for diesel and one for gas. They were a waste of money as you spend too much time monkeying around fitting them on your fuel containers.

Worse, they must be higher up vertically then the fuel intake of your tractor, truck or whatever so you still end up hefting the 5 gallon container up.

Good idea in concept but not in real world use. That TSC pump kit makes more sense

/ Refueling effort #29  
You cant seriously be that lazy.