SnowPlow test #1

/ SnowPlow test #1 #31  
Nice! Too bad shipping is twice the cost of the material for me :( Not that I would need it for a snowplow.. but looks good to put a skirt on my rough cut mower.

/ SnowPlow test #1 #32  
:) See if you can find a scrap pick up bed mat
and cut what you need out of that.:cool:
I have bought new bed mats at big lots for 25 bucks. :)
== L B ==
charlz said:
Nice! Too bad shipping is twice the cost of the material for me :( Not that I would need it for a snowplow.. but looks good to put a skirt on my rough cut mower.

/ SnowPlow test #1
bx24 said:
Skunkwerx

How thick of a piece did you go with? How did you cut the material? (with a circular saw???)

The stuff I got was 3/8" thick. It has fiber cords embedded.
I used a fresh utility knife and just kept scoring. I got to the point it would bend with a crease, like cardboard, then finished by slicing down the crease on the backside.

I don't think I would use a circular saw it might grab harshly, I think I would try a jig saw with one of those knife style blades installed.

If I was dealing with 1/2" or thicker material, I would probably run it through my bandsaw.

Bottom line, it wasn't a huge problem using the utility knife.

/ SnowPlow test #1 #34  
Has anybody found a good source for nylon strips? I guess some of the other polymers and plastics may be good as well, if they are tough enough and cheap enough. You would think there would be a good surplus source.

jmf

/ SnowPlow test #1 #35  
Since I live in the "sunny" south I don't have your needs but a suggestion from the time we had a breeding kennel. I cut down truck flaps to make the dog doors as the longest lasting material I could find. A band saw was the perfect tool for the job. It cut cleanly and quickly. For the thick stuff you would probably want a 3/4" blade, 4-6 teeth per inch.

Vernon

/ SnowPlow test #1
This reply is meant only to tie together 2 threads.

if you are curious about the fabrication of the snow plow blade on the Kubota BX2350, you can visit this thread to see how it got started:
Kubota BX2350 Front Snow Plow Project

/ SnowPlow test #1 #37  
SkunkWerX,
Do you have the seller's name on ebay where you bought the rubber strip? The link you had posted last year is no longer valid and I didn't have any success doing a search on ebay.

Thanks.

/ SnowPlow test #1 #38  
SkunkWerX,
Do you have the seller's name on ebay where you bought the rubber strip? The link you had posted last year is no longer valid and I didn't have any success doing a search on ebay.

Thanks.

I can't help you with the email address. Have you thought about flat drive belting? TSC sells belting by the foot.
:)

/ SnowPlow test #1 #39  
I can't help you with the email address. Have you thought about flat drive belting? TSC sells belting by the foot.
:)

I will check that out. I also read that TSC has some horse matting that can work. I'll have to go see what they have.

Thanks.