TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I found my tractor and loader forks very helpful for retrieving deer from the field edges as well as during field dressing, skinning and cutting up. Using the materials I had on hand, I rugged up a tow chain fixed to forks by large C-clamp to suspend the animals for transport and dressing. I was wondering what additional approaches others find helpful.

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #2  
Bucker back to the camp, then hang off a bucket hook to skin.

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #3  
Shot a nice one this year hunting alone. Both tractors with FELs were 12 miles away. Fortunately the old Ford with the BB720 on back started. Rolling it onto the bush hog was a big struggle. Rolling it from the bush hog into the truck was a bigger struggle. When I raised the bush hog the fronts would go up instead and then slowly sink to the ground.

Sorry, no tractor pix.

Attachments

• IMG_0090_2_3_1.JPG
    IMG_0090_2_3_1.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 849
  • IMG_0093_1_3_1.JPG
    IMG_0093_1_3_1.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 717
   / TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #4  
How about a 12,000 Kw PTO generator to keep the big screen going back at deer camp?

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #5  
Yes a loader does come in handy when it comes time to field dress one:
P1010867.jpg

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS
Nice rack. Is that a 50 cal flintlock?? I wish we had an early flintlock season that was buck only. Our early season is doe only. Our PA flintlock season for buck is after Xmas. Many bucks has lost horns by then.

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #7  
Bob_Young said:
Shot a nice one this year hunting alone. Both tractors with FELs were 12 miles away. Fortunately the old Ford with the BB720 on back started. Rolling it onto the bush hog was a big struggle. Rolling it from the bush hog into the truck was a bigger struggle. When I raised the bush hog the fronts would go up instead and then slowly sink to the ground.

Sorry, no tractor pix.

Congratulations! That is one heck of a deer.

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #8  
flINTLOCK said:
Nice rack. Is that a 50 cal flintlock?? I wish we had an early flintlock season that was buck only. Our early season is doe only. Our PA flintlock season for buck is after Xmas. Many bucks has lost horns by then.

Thanks, flinty.

It's a .54 percussion....a TC Hawken with a .54 Green Mountain roundball barrel and a peep sight. No early blackpowder season here either. One was proposed but the bowhunters shot it down :(

I use muzzleloader during regular gun season & got this opening day. ML season opens tomorrow. It's either sex and allows any single-shot muzzleloader.

So far all my MLs are percussion. Flintlock curious, but haven't bought one yet.

Thanks, Northstar.

Biggest I've ever shot. 15 pts total w/17" spread. Been many years coming.
Bob

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #9  
I used my tractor for the first time this year to retrieve deer and it was great! We shot a bunch,but only used the tractor twice to bring them in on the bucket. It worked super!

We didn't have the biggest deer in the world, but we had the best of times and that folks is what it is all about..........using the tractor.......great friends, the hills of WV and deer season. It doesn't get any better than this.

/ TRACTORS AND DEER HUNTERS #10  
I used my tractor to fetch a big hog once that was way down in a valley. Usually just throw the deer in the back of my pick-up.