Dang Cats!

/ Dang Cats! #1  

davitk

Platinum Member
Ok, so I finally got something new :)D ) but the barn cats won't leave it alone. You know, paw prints everywhere, seat is filthy every time I sit down.... Before I put out the bowl of antifreeze, any suggestions?

DSCN0390.jpg

/ Dang Cats! #3  
davitk said:
Before I put out the bowl of antifreeze, any suggestions?
Does your seat flip forward?

/ Dang Cats! #5  
Can you seal your tractor bay off from the cats? A wall with a door to the rest of the barn would be an easy way and then you can worry about how to keep the mice from chewing on your tractors wires when they realize your tractor is the cat free zone;)

/ Dang Cats! #6  
Whatever you do, DON'T try to scare them away! I recall the day I got my new Truck, I found the cat asleep on the roof, I went for that cat with the intentions of breaking this habit, when he tryed to leave those claws got no traction on that new roof, the scratches are still there!

Paw Prints are better than chewed wires! Hope they don't use the seat as a scratch pad!!

/ Dang Cats!
no, I think they just chew their cud there.

Hung some mothballs next to it as a temp fix, scares me away. :eek:

/ Dang Cats! #8  
I can't say it wouldn't bother me cause it would but maybe it is better to have cat paw prints on your tractor than mice chewing the wires?

/ Dang Cats! #9  
I leave an old towel covering the seats. The cat lays on that and doesn't seem to use the seats as scratching posts. The mice leave the tractors alone, the cats happy and I'm happy.
Of course if you really want to keep the cat off the seat, take it back and get a cab one.;)

Good luck, great looking tractor.

/ Dang Cats! #10  
Back around 1979 my daughter got a cat. I agreed to let it stay in the garage and put in a heated place for it. No hair in the house for me. I drove a black Lincoln in those days and cat would always jump on the hood when I came home. I saw her put her paws on the front chrome bumper and jump on the hood.

I wired a 110/440 volt (440 on the car) control transformer beween a grounded conduit and the front bumper when I came home. It took 10 minutes and the cat never went near any car in the garage again. It was no worse for the wear either. Now I made sure my kids or wife didn't go into the garage during this event.

The cat lived many years after that and finally died from drinking antifreeze that someones car dripped in our parking lot. I liked the cat after it was trained. My wife and kids still laugh about my techniques.