Pole shed vs Aluminum shed

/ Pole shed vs Aluminum shed #1  

Samandothers

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240
I need to construct a shed for my tractor (Kubota L4240) and some of the equipment (FEL, Backhoe). I was considering something around 20' x 24'. I had thought about setting some poles, stick build an A frame roof and add tin.
I have seen a lot of these 18' x 21' aluminum sheds. Anyone used the aluminum building sheds? How are they holding up? What are your recommendations and ideas?

/ Pole shed vs Aluminum shed #3  
First off, what ever size shed you "think" you need, it has to be bigger. Plan on getting more attachments and then how you will store them and how you will attach / detach them.

I mean, lets say you get that FEL and backhoe, then you get a box blade and maybe a rough cut mower. How / where do you drop off the hoe? Is it in the way of getting the other attachments? Will you need to remove stuff to get to other stuff? That can make a 5 min attachment swap into an hour long deal if you have to move 1, 2 or 3 attachments to get to the one you want.

A minimum would be what you list, but only if that's all you can afford. A 32x32 pole building would be better with drive thru doors. Pole buildings are about the cheapest, fastest and easiest to put up. If your ground is hard, a 3pt post hole digger can ge justified..

Around here, the saying goes you can't have a shop that's too big, only too big to heat.

jb

/ Pole shed vs Aluminum shed
RollTideRam the thread you attached was a great help. Sounds like many folks are sold on the metal buildings.
John Bud sounds like the same goes for buildings as it does for tractors....get all you can afford!
Thanks folks!

/ Pole shed vs Aluminum shed #5  
The aluminum carports are hard to beat for the money. I have one that is around 5 years old. Still in great shape. I would like to add another one in the future.