Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 4300, JD X485 JD 4x2 Gator, JD 425, JD455

Default Re: 3 Pt. question?

Draft control just causes the 3pt arms to lift (not lower) to bring the ground-engaging attachment up enough to relieve the load. When the load is releived, the arms go back toward their previous position. The draft control often is a spring-loaded assembly that the top arm is attached to, which is internally connected to the 3pt lift control. Well, at least its clear in my mind.

Tractor
    B2400 Kubota

3point equipment are designed to engage the ground on their own force. If you think you need downward force, you need a different type of equipment, such as a plow or chesiel instead of a tiller. Think of the damage that can result from forcing equiopment into the ground trying to do a task it was not designed for. Yes there was times when I wish I had a down force, but thank God I didn't for i probaly would have done real damage. Again there the right tool for the right job. Just think more tools. I asked my brothers who farm with the big equipment about downward force 3pt and their comment was the ones who have added the downward force, tend to be repairing the equipment more then using it.

Dan L

Tractor
    Kubota L5740 cab + FEL, Cat D5G dozer, Kubota KX121 excavtor

OK, thanks for the clarification. I though it set a fixed depth, and woud push up/down to achieve that depth. Shows what I know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12