Digging with FEL?

/ Digging with FEL? #11  
RE-Toothbars-the dealer I picked up my used YM336d (33 engine hp Yanmar, 4wd, FEL (2800 breakout, 1500lbs maximum lift)) recommended against putting a tooth bar on, and said they were only for "bigger tractors"-is this the case, or simply an old "wives tale"?

Thank you in advance,
Couchsachraga

/ Digging with FEL? #12  
Old wives tale. I have a 36 hp tractor, with similar specs on the FEL. It is amazing the differance the toothbar makes when digging in grass covered or hard packed earth.

/ Digging with FEL? #13  
POPPYCOCK: i have a b2400(24hp) and the toothbar really helps for loosening hard dirt, digging and moving brush only thing is have to be careful if u snag a deep root and u are to hard on the joystick, will raise u off groung real quick/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Digging with FEL? #14  
Thank you! Now, to fashion or buy a toothbar and REALLY start having fun /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Couchsachraga

/ Digging with FEL? #15  
LOL love the sig <font color=blue>Strip Mines Prevent Forest Fires</font color=blue>

/ Digging with FEL? #16  
<font color=blue>I am clearing a new yard area (about 1.5 ac) and most of it is pretty clean but there are a few Tag Alder tree stumps (anyone know what those are.....%$&*%$ blasted weed trees) anywhere from 3" to 10". </font color=blue>
I think they are related to the birch.
Don't cut them! They have very shallow roots and tend to grow along the wetland. I simply push them over and then hook some part of the roots with the FEL
and out they come. They are no good for firewood and rot down pretty fast.