Any problems known on B1750 Kabota

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #1  

gmt355canyon

Tractor
Kubota B1750, Ford 641 Workmaster (for sale)
I am new to this forum and really have enjoyed reading the postings. I am looking a purchasing a used B1750 Kubota. It has a front blade, rear pto salt spreader, and cab (Simms I think). I do snow removal and salting on city sidewalks with walkbehind snow blowers and push broadcast spreader. My question is this model dependable? It has hydro tranny and 4x4. I may look for a belly mower and FEL for it in the future. I believe these were introduced in early 90's? Would parts still be availible?
Thanks, Mark

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota
Noticed that I spelled Kubota wrong in my first post on this site. Spelled it Kabota, probably really pissed of a few, sorry. Can I still join the club?

Mark

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #3  
You're good. Spell it wrong AFTER you own one though and you're in BIG trouble! :)

I went and drove the tractor (Kubota B1750) today. Only think I could find wrong was that the charging light comes on at at idle but goes of as soon as you troddle up a little it goes out. Would this be a big concern? Tractor has quite a few hours on it (2400 hrs). Is there a ballpark on hours operated before overhaul is needed on Kubota diesel engines?
I really did like the hydro tranny and powersteering. My old Ford 641 is alot harder to work with due to manual shift and no powersteering.

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #5  
Depends. Does it come on at idle when you first start it but go out and stay out after you rev it up a bit? If so no troubles. If it's ALWAYS on at idle but goes out just above idle and stays out, no troubles unless you spend lots of time idling as you may kill your battery. A couple of mine (not Kubotas) don't start charging until revved up a bit but then they stay charging. One Chev truck will charge little or none at idle but runs great year after year of normal use. Just don't expect it to run all night at idle with the lights on.

GinNB, thanks for the info. The light goes off as soon as you move past idle so it looks like it is not a big deal. I am picking the B1750 up today. Feel like a little kid with a new toy!

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #7  
I've got a 1550 with a backhoe. About mid 80's. Virtually the same model as the 1750 but with slightly less power. It even uses the same operator's manual. Mine has 3500 hours on the clock and had a very tough life digging trenches for a plumber, followed by a lot of rough work with a rear slasher. But the engine still runs beautifully. Most of the hydraulic rams droop a bit but they don't leak. The only problem when i first got it was that it would come to a halt ocassionally. Turned out to be a totally blocked metal mesh strainer to the HST transmission. Probably never cleaned since new. It was a cheap, easy DIY fix. I havent needed many parts but I think you'll find they are readilly available. I think you'll find the dependability very good as long as you havent bought a lemon. These tractors have no guts at all in high range. And low range is very slow. That doesn't bother me but you might want to think about it. If you can get it for a good price and the speed and power is sufficient I think you'll be happy. They are pretty simple with not much electrical junk that can go haywire.

BTW. You probably should have asked this question in the Kubota forum where more Kubota owners would have seen it. Although there probably arent many 1750/1550 owners on the list anyway because of the age of these tractors.

PS. I just see you've already bought it. You can get a free parts manual here for the 1550 MediaMax - Free Online Storage - Share Videos and Photos - Online MP3 Access (more use than an operators manual) .. but if you want an operators manual sing out.

Last edited:
   / Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #8  
I also have a 1550 like alchemysa (only I don't have a backhoe!). But like he said it is a very good machine. I've NEVER had any problems with the tractor! I have the belly mower, front loader, grass catcher, and various attachments. I have about 1300 (?) hrs on it, hydro, 4 X 4. It is a great tractor, front loader a little tough to remove and install, unlike the present models, but for reliability it can't be beat. I think over the years (21 now), I've replaced 2 batteries and the front tires, and change the oil and oil filter every 50 hours. The seat is starting to get 2 small cracks in them and I'll probably replace the loader hydraulic hoses in the near future as they are wearing out.

Forum members (srs and alchemysa) thanks for the feedback! I really appriciate the refural for the free parts list. I was going to try an get one from the dealer or ebay but nothing beats a free one.
I got to use the tractor on a little job yesterday cleaning a foot of sod and dirt about three inches thick off of a sidewalk that I have a contract to snow blow and salt. My tractor has a power blade on the front that I will be using to clear these sidewalks but it also worked well dozing the dirt and sod off it. I saw suprised at how well it rolled up the sod and dirt for a small tractor. The down pressure on the blade is a nice feature.
I did have a litlle problem when I applied the rear locking diff, it did not come back into normal drive till I pulled the lever back up. Spring or linkage may need to be ajusted or lubricated. Thinking prior owner may not have used this feature.
One other thing that I noticed is that it wants to creep backwards slight at idle. Is there an adjustment in the hydro tranny for this?
I would also like to get a front end loader for this tractor, I think the model number for a loader for this tractor is
1640A. Stanley is that what FEL you have? I am still wondering which style of finnish mower to get (belly or 3point) I believe a belly would be better for getting around trees but would be in the way when doing dirt work. ???

/ Any problems known on B1750 Kabota #10  
A most important point to remember with the hydro tranny is that it is more powerful the LESS you press the pedal. So don't stamp on the pedal trying to get more grunt. Remember, its a kind of 'gearbox pedal' not a gas pedal. If you stamp on it hard it just goes into a higher 'gear', so you get more speed but less power. If you are trying to push something heavy just lightly touch the pedal, but boost the revs with the hand throttle.

Does it have bi-speed turn? Thats another lever that can seize through lack of use... although some operators suggest its best left un-used anyway as bi-speed turn can put significant strain on front end parts.