Cub Cadet 8454 Any info helpful...

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Any info helpful... #1  

Roper14

For starters - I am like everyone else I want the most bang for my dollar, I just don't really like spending a whole lot of 'em -
I've got about 30 acres of hay pasture that will be bushhogged at some point (it is being hayed currently - only have to mow about 3-4 acres now - but you never know when the hay will dry up) dirt work - pulling a 500 gallon drawbar sprayer..etc...typical tractor work.
I ran across a Cub 8454 and after reading a "little" about it I am considering looking into the tractor (a painted Kioti as everyone says) - My question what type of luck does everyone have out of these tractors? And what type of $$$$ should I expect to pay (I have operated all the major colors, but none of the second tier tractors(no offense)....but I have noticed that the gap seems to be closing...(as the upper tier is getting worse--JD 5103 for example---different story).........

Sooo. Any thoughts. tractor has around 400hr - 4wd - fel and r4 tires (wish r1) asking around 12-13K seems a little high to me - yet I could not find any comparisons on the net - just a Kioti 35 in the local newspaper running for about a month for 8500 (same setup) - I would think that it may be " too small"
lastly------dealer said he had to fix the shuttle shift---should I expect more issues...if so- the search continues:cool:

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Any info helpful... #2  
The new Compact Tractor Guide says retail for an '04 or '05 runs from $12,000 to $16,000 so your dealer seems to be right at the low side.

/ Cub Cadet 8454 Any info helpful...
I appreciate the $$ info. I spoke with a friend who actually owns an 8454 - he said new they cost around 22-23, but they do not even sell these tractors any more (cub doesnt). He said the one thing to possibly look out for - apparently Kioti had some issues with the 4wd on the k45 when they were making the 8454 - there were apparently 4-5 changes to the 4wd before "kioti" fixed the problems they were having (the 4wd going "out") - everything apparently is fine in the k45 now....thanks again for the input