My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!)

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #1  

dieselfuelonly

Gold Member
Tractor
Yanmar YM1401D
First off, sorry for the 2 threads, looks like I did something wrong in the first one????

Yeah... I talk a lot in the video so you'll have the explanation there... I honestly don't think I could have gotten any closer to hitting that post.

Anyway, I'm never selling that little tractor now... Good thing this happened in my own yard... and not on a snowy street or something!

So I guess you live and learn... but I have to say I rather enjoyed the experience... it was kinda fun :p.

So anyone that has ever talked crap about a Yanmar... go tell it to someone else!!!!!!!!!!! I know darn well without those rice paddy tires that truck would have been going NOWHERE. Now I feel bad for calling it a stupid little tractor in the beginning!
Probably the coolest thing I ever have and ever will do with my little tractor :).

VIDEO LINK:

YouTube - STUCK Dodge Ram Diesel Dually rescued by Yanmar Tractor!

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #2  
I have a Dodge truck, too. A few observations from about 20 years more experience. 1. Most stuck situations come from a common cause: a loose nut behind the wheel. 2. Diff lock on a 2 wheel drive truck just gets you 10 feet stucker. 3. Rear drum brakes don't work if they are wet. 4. If you have no chain, drive that little tractor into the bed of the truck, with a couple of ramps, and the weight will give you the traction to get out. 5. Always laugh at your stupid mistakes, and others will laugh with you, and may be willing to pull you out, for the entertainment!:D

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #3  
Dennis, enjoyed the video! :D You had me nervous with that short tow chain. I was waiting for her to ride up your butt man.:)

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #4  
Cool.

Tractors have great traction as the name implies. R1 tires really help.

My wife had a similar experience a few weeks ago. We bought 10 yards of sand from the local gravel pit and they were dumping at edge of our field so I could have a shooting backstop. Brought a big semi-tractor gravel truck to deliver it - I think about a 30' dump trailer (I wasn't home, so I'm going by what my wife tells me). Dumped the load about where we wanted it, but the truck got stuck in a very slight old plow furrow at edge of the field. Truck driver rocked back and forth in the same groove, making his situation worse. My wife called me in a frenzy and asked where tractor keys were. I told her - should have gotten more details. Our tractor is 50hp and weighs about 7k lbs all up (FEL and loaded rears), but at least has R1 tires and MFWD. Had I known the size disparity I would have told her not to bother trying, it's trucker's problem, he can call out another semi with a rope, and don't break our tractor or get hurt if rope/cable breaks (that was my biggest worry).

But she gets to work before I learn all this. So she tries pulling him out with the handy tow strap we have for vehicles - strap is woven nylon rated 10k. Strap snaps instantly into three pieces (?). So, truck driver has his own steel rope recovery cable (why didn't they use that first!?!) and my wife locates clevis for tractor drawbar so they can use it. They use steel cable (rated like 50k lbs or something) - and it works! Said that the tractor, with MFWD engaged, pulled it out easily. She pulled him all the way across field onto our driveway just to be safe, though he probably could have made it after the first 3-5 feet of movement, right when he got out of his own ruts.

Long story short - similar crazy size/weight disconnect, and similar result. Tractors are good for pulling things!

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #5  
I for one am not the least bit surprised that your Yanmar pulled that truck out. I used to have a 1401D and that thing was an amazing little beast. Yes it was old and impossible to steer with a load in the FEL, but a short list of the feats I performed with that tractor include:

Pushing a dead 1/2 ton GMC pickup up ramps onto a trailer.
Towing a dead 10,000 lb. motorhome across a gravel parking lot.
Pulling a 16' flatbed trailer with about 25 really happy kids on it during a parade.
Firing up on a 20 degree night with no thermostart after sitting for two months and plowing 6+" inches of snow off the road.
Too many others to count. I really miss that tractor. In most cases my new Kioti will work circles around it but for what it was that old Yanmar was an amazing machine.

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #6  
Yea these little tractors can really suprise you.

I had a B7500 that upon delivery I had to pull the truck and trailer out on the road after the new tractor orientation since he wasn't going anywhere in the mud.
I also helped pull a class 8 truck with 20ton dump trailer out after he drove where I told him not to, we had to dump the trailer first and I had to move the sand to a different location.

4wd is king:)

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #7  
Z-Michigan said:
Cool.

Tractors have great traction as the name implies. R1 tires really help.

My wife had a similar experience a few weeks ago. We bought 10 yards of sand from the local gravel pit and they were dumping at edge of our field so I could have a shooting backstop. Brought a big semi-tractor gravel truck to deliver it - I think about a 30' dump trailer (I wasn't home, so I'm going by what my wife tells me). Dumped the load about where we wanted it, but the truck got stuck in a very slight old plow furrow at edge of the field. Truck driver rocked back and forth in the same groove, making his situation worse. My wife called me in a frenzy and asked where tractor keys were. I told her - should have gotten more details. Our tractor is 50hp and weighs about 7k lbs all up (FEL and loaded rears), but at least has R1 tires and MFWD. Had I known the size disparity I would have told her not to bother trying, it's trucker's problem, he can call out another semi with a rope, and don't break our tractor or get hurt if rope/cable breaks (that was my biggest worry).

But she gets to work before I learn all this. So she tries pulling him out with the handy tow strap we have for vehicles - strap is woven nylon rated 10k. Strap snaps instantly into three pieces (?). So, truck driver has his own steel rope recovery cable (why didn't they use that first!?!) and my wife locates clevis for tractor drawbar so they can use it. They use steel cable (rated like 50k lbs or something) - and it works! Said that the tractor, with MFWD engaged, pulled it out easily. She pulled him all the way across field onto our driveway just to be safe, though he probably could have made it after the first 3-5 feet of movement, right when he got out of his own ruts.

Long story short - similar crazy size/weight disconnect, and similar result. Tractors are good for pulling things!

Your tractor-impressive

Your wife- really impressive!

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!)
Thats my sister, shes a freshman high school. LOL. I'm a senior in highschool now, and my sisters friend was taping.

/ My little Yanmar 1401D pulls out my stuck Dodge dually!!!!! (Video!) #9  
Builder...... you are headed straight to he!!