John Deere Error Code 57

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #1  

Beavis

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4720
I just went out to fire up the tractor ( JD 3320) and got the Error code 57 displayed. The owners manual says it is: hydrostat timed out error code, and to see local dealer. That is all fine and dandy, but the tractor won't move and it is Sunday :(

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #2  
Good time for a Beere? Sorry, couldn't resist. :):)

Tried Google for Deere error messages but couldn't find a reason for a 57. Found reference to one other fellow who had an error 57 with blinking dash lights on a different model compact Deere but he didn't mention what the problem turned out to be.

/ John Deere Error Code 57
Called the dealer at 7:30 this morning, a service guy came out to my home at 9:00 to look at it with no luck. They are going to come back later today, put in on a trailer and take it back to the dealership for diagnosis and repair. I'll keep you posted.

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #4  
it sounds like a connector issue,,
maybe one of the electrical plugs in the
wiring harness has a bad connection.
we have seen a few of those over the
years. also, if doing heavy brush work,
brush, sticks etc can catch on some of the
wiring harnesses and pull on the wires,
more common on the 10 series than the
20's..

good luck, hopefully it isn't anything
too time consuming
:D

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #5  
Hmm.. gotta love them hydrostat trannies.

To this day one of my old gear trans has never timed out with a 57 error code. ;)

good luck

soundguy

They brought the tractor back on Friday and said that they replaced the "controller" or "Brain". Put about 10 hours on it since then and it seems to work like a champ.

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #7  
Glad to see you're up and running. How many hours/years did the tractor have on it when the computer died?

The tractor was purchased new in Sept. 07 and I had 37 hours on it when I got the error code.

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #9  
Beavis said:
The tractor was purchased new in Sept. 07 and I had 37 hours on it when I got the error code.

Hope the work and parts were under warranty.

/ John Deere Error Code 57 #10  
Now I'm gettin' worried! I have 36hrs on my 3520.:eek: Beavis glad to hear your 3320 is up and running. I wonder what a repair like that would cost after the warranty expired???