3 pt snowblower

/ 3 pt snowblower #1  

chefirv

Tractor
ford 1210
just picked up a snowblower 48 inch (mckee)
it has a keyed shaft that looks like a engine would mount to.
i want to make this a 3 pt rear blower to run off my ford 1210 tractor
was wondering if anyone knows if tractor supply sells a keyed shaft to a yoke step or a keyed shaft to a spline adapter
any advise would be helpful

/ 3 pt snowblower #2  
I'm sure the PTO shaft is available at Tractor Supply. I have a Herds spreader that has a keyed shaft on the spreader end. What I would be concerned about is the RPM for running the blower. Most rear PTO's run at 540 RPMs and walk behind snow blowers with there one motors run around 3600 rpms. Are you conecting to a gear box or a pully. These are just my thoughts on the subject.

/ 3 pt snowblower #3  
These guys have many one-off PTO shafts available: Northeast Implement

Your local Catco shop can also custom build you whatever you need (for a price).

/ 3 pt snowblower #4  
I agree that Tractor Supply has the PTO shaft you need. My Puma 64" has a keyed shaft which the PTO shaft bolts up to. You just need to know the shaft diameter and the length of the PTO shaft to connect to the tractor.

/ 3 pt snowblower
i was going to connect right from the rear pto shaft (540) rpm a standard shaft that i might have to change out the ends depending on what is avaiable from tsc
is the blower desined to increase the rpm from the rear pto
how could i do that by using only 540 at the rear?

/ 3 pt snowblower #6  
If that is a rear mount blower, it is already geared properly. But, if it is a front blower, it is probably looking for at least double the RPM of your rear PTO, and maybe more.

The other thing is rotation direction. CW or CCW.
A lot of front blowers rotate opposite of the rear PTO direction.

/ 3 pt snowblower #7  
Most 3Pt blowers are designed to run off a 540 PTO speed. I'm not familiar with Mckee brand so can't answer. If it is a 540 blower you need to run your engine rpm at the speed that turns it at 540. Most tractor tach's have a mark that tells you the 540 rpm point. On mine its about 2300 rpm.