Has anyone named their machine?

/ Has anyone named their machine? #1  

davo453

This is a sort of carry on from another thread, but it had me thinking.

Is it just us or does anyone else name their machinery?

We have had a Ford 7000 named Trevor.

A land rover named Henry.

A turret lathe called Betty.

They have allways been the older machines though.

If you have named your tractor what's it called and if there is a reason why?

Cheers

Dave

/ Has anyone named their machine? #2  
When my son was tiny, he named his grandfather's tractors by color. His 8N was Black (don't know why it wasn't grey or red) and his IH Cub Lo-Boy was Yellow. We continued that theme with our jeeps - Ole Yeller and Ole Blue. The TC40DA is Big Blue. Not very creative.

My wife didn't learn to drive until later in life and had a 70s model Ford that she named Clyde. When asked why, she said it wasn't very attractive, but strong and safe. Just seemed the right fit.

/ Has anyone named their machine? #3  
Most of the guys that wax their tractors probably have names for them...

/ Has anyone named their machine? #4  
I don't wax my machines and rarely wash them but they do get names. The BX is Krusty, the excavator is Creepy and the chainsaw is Mr. Chainy. They are best firends and spend many happy hours together playing in the woods.

/ Has anyone named their machine? #5  
my got the name "thank god" when my wife told me she wanted 30 mature trees planted out front to screen the road.... now I just call him "buddy":D

/ Has anyone named their machine? #6  
My old 8N with one broken headlight was named by the grandson. When I went to repair the headlight one day I was told that if I did he couldn't call it "One Eyed Willy" anymore. Needless to say it still has one broken headlight.

/ Has anyone named their machine? #7  
My Grandpa run a sawmill, which my Dad and Uncle helped work when they were growing up. They had two Mules, Kate and Tobe. You could ride Tobe, but Kate wanted nothing to do with a rider. Since I am living in the old farm house, I have named my tractor, Yanmar F16D, Lil' Tobe. And my Troy-bilt tiller is Lil' Kate.

/ Has anyone named their machine? #8  
My tractor is usually called that" ol sum a *****".

/ Has anyone named their machine? #9  
ToadHill said:
My old 8N with one broken headlight was named by the grandson. When I went to repair the headlight one day I was told that if I did he couldn't call it "One Eyed Willy" anymore. Needless to say it still has one broken headlight.

If only this was not family rated!

/ Has anyone named their machine? #10  
The car that I deliver mail in on my route is called "Smokey" - for obvious reasons ... :rolleyes: