FEL question

/ FEL question #1  

jhburke

Gold Member
Tractor
2000 B7500HSD Kubota, 2 Case ingersol 448 tractors
I have a 2000 B7500 HST with fel. My question is I used it for the first time since my surgery and it seems that the fel works very abruptly. Is there any adjustment to feather the movement. The fel is a Bushog 1846 QT.

/ FEL question #2  
I'm not sure what you mean by abruptly. As for me, I'm happy when the FEL reacts with nice snappy movement. Usually feathering is done by moving the control stick slowly. This eases the hyrdaulic fluid into the cylinders. Cutting back on the throttle will also slow down the hydraulics. Not sure this helps but maybe I don't understand the problem well enough.

/ FEL question #3  
Likewise, I'm a little confused by the question. Our B7500 has the Kubota LA302 loader, and it's possible to "feather" it by just easing the joystick up/down/left/right (not moving it the whole way). I do this all the time, especially if I want to dump a load gradually, like when you're trying to spread gravel, instead of making a big pile.

/ FEL question #4  
like the others , am not sure what u mean by abruptly? do u mean just fast or jerky movements?

/ FEL question #5  
A heavy load in the bucket can also make motion seem very jerky. Do you have counterweights in the back? Lack of weights can make the back end seem light (bouncy) too.

Peter

/ FEL question
What I mean is that I can't seem to operate the in a smooth way. When I tryed to raise or lower the bucket it would either lift the front wheels of be way to high to pick up anything. I do have counter weights on the rear.

/ FEL question #7  
Have you tried moving the control stick slowly? If it doesn't I can see how it would be hard to get the edge level with the ground. Does that not work?

/ FEL question #8  
Your question leads to other questions, when you say used for the "first time after surgery" does this mean the loader used to behave normally or does it mean that the loader is new since surgery and has never been used at all till now? If it used to behave properly and now it does not that is one thing and if it is brand new and does not work properly that is another---and--my answer for that one would be to take it back where you got it and get the Kubota loader intended for the 7500.
J, confused

/ FEL question
What I mean is that if you just crack the valve the loader snap up 2 or 3 inches. I was looking at the lever this morning and I think I will try shortening the lever. I bought the tractor less than a week before my bypass surgery. Tractor has onlyl 90 + hrs on it. I haven't used it but twice since I bought it.

/ FEL question #10  
If this is a new tractor I definitely would not mess with it. Heck, even if it is used I wouldn't. I would have someone look at it. Maybe if kubmech is out there he can chime in.