BX 2350 Experiences

/ BX 2350 Experiences #1  

labowner

I am seriously considering a new BX 2350 with a 60 inch mower. I am concerned about overheating and hydraulic problems that some have experienced as described in previous postings. A few mentioned abrupt stops in reverse. Are these recurring problems with the 1850 and 2350? If you experienced overheating problems were they satisfactorily resolved under the warranty? I have heard many good things about the reliability of Kubota engines and equipment. Is it reasonable to expect 2500 hours on a 2350 without major engine or hydrostatic/hydraulic problems?

Thanks

/ BX 2350 Experiences #2  
labowner said:
I am seriously considering a new BX 2350 with a 60 inch mower. I am concerned about overheating and hydraulic problems that some have experienced as described in previous postings. A few mentioned abrupt stops in reverse. Are these recurring problems with the 1850 and 2350? If you experienced overheating problems were they satisfactorily resolved under the warranty? I have heard many good things about the reliability of Kubota engines and equipment. Is it reasonable to expect 2500 hours on a 2350 without major engine or hydrostatic/hydraulic problems?

Thanks

Reverse can be a bit abrupt. The overheating issues are mostly from the radiators being plugged.

/ BX 2350 Experiences #3  
I've had my 2350 for 2 years now - no overheating issue if you just clean the removable radiator screen once in a while after working in dusty conditions. The abrupt stop is only an issue if your in the "high speed" gear and totally remove your foot off the petal from full speed reverse. You get used to slowly letting up on the petal and no abrupt stop. The 60" deck is great and I've moved 200 yards of topsoil, lots of snow this winter with no issues. Just my experience!!!

/ BX 2350 Experiences #4  
I agree with the previous posts, I received my BX 2350 around Labor Day 2007. I use a Woods rear finish mower for mowing and a Woods back blade and the FEL for snow removal. The abrupt stop is mainly in high range, you learn to ease the pedal up rather than quickly take your foot off. IMO the tractor does all that is asked, I store it in a unheated shed and at +5 degrees the tractor started with no additional heat. I am very satisfied with the machine. I have had no overheat problems in the short time I've had the tractor.

/ BX 2350 Experiences #5  
Got mine in May of '07.

The abrupt stopping in reverse is how they're intended to operate as it is supposedly safer that way (at least that's what my dealer said). I wonder which lawsuit forced this change? :mad:

I haven't had any overheating issues.

I did have the tractor into the dealer on two separate occassions for hydraulic leaks. The first was a hydraulic valve that wasn't properly tightened at the factory. This showed up immediately. The second was the seal around the input shaft going into the hydrostat. This one showed up after about 60 hours.

/ BX 2350 Experiences #6  
We recently purchased a BX2350 and are very satisfied. It does stop abruptly in reverse if you lift off the reverse pedal abruptly. No problems with overheating but I've been pushing snow, not working in the heat. The dealer did emphasize the importance of keeping the inlet screen in front of the radiator clean, particularly if mowing or similar when showing us the tractor. Simple to clean; open the hood and the screen easily pulls out. The fellow who delivered the tractor also went over it and said they've had BX tractors in the shop for "overheating" when the only problem was the screen was clogged.

My impression is the BX series is the predominant sub-compact tractor with a lot more around than any other sub-compact. (I wonder if the BX series has the highest sales volume of tractors with three point hitches these days.) So given the popularity of the BX series it's not surprising that a few folks have had problems.

/ BX 2350 Experiences #7  
I got my 2350 about mid summer last year. It runs maybe a little on the warm side (about 1/2-3/4 on the temp gauge) but it's a diesel and they like to run warm.
I have not had any complaints about mine except for the sudden reverse stops which is suppose to be normal. It takes time but I'm getting better at controlling it.

/ BX 2350 Experiences #8  
I have a 2004 BX23 that I bought new which is essentially a 2230 or 2350 with a BH.
I have 943 hours on it and have never had any overheating, hydrostatic/hydraulic problem or abrupt stopping problem with it.
I also have 2 of the BX1500 tractors and haven't encountered any of those problems with them either.
The Kubota BX tractors are tough reliable very dependable and trouble free little workhorses.
== L B ==
labowner said:
I am seriously considering a new BX 2350 with a 60 inch mower. I am concerned about overheating and hydraulic problems that some have experienced as described in previous postings. A few mentioned abrupt stops in reverse. Are these recurring problems with the 1850 and 2350? If you experienced overheating problems were they satisfactorily resolved under the warranty? I have heard many good things about the reliability of Kubota engines and equipment. Is it reasonable to expect 2500 hours on a 2350 without major engine or hydrostatic/hydraulic problems?Thanks