Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission.

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #21  
There are already 'powershift' style gear trannies out there that accomplish someting similr to your shift assitance concept.. etc.... many ( all? ) of these are wet clutch.. etc.

soundguy

JC-jetro said:
I thought with the concept I tried to portray along with couple of hydraulic master cylinder and power assist would make clutching much easier hence giving more value to gear design rather than HST.
JC,:)

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #22  
JC-jetro said:
Got it, so some hydraulic pump driven by engine serving both HST and a dedicated PTO hydraulic motor. My idea from the beginning was to make a very simple design, No HST (hyd pump or motor), power directly coupled to transmission or pto thru two wet multi disk clutches.

JC,

I wasn't clear enough. I'm not suggesting hydro as the answer or an alternative. I think you could simplify your idea by using a hydraulic pto. Getting your set-up down to a single clutch pack would make it a whole lot cheaper to make and even easier to work on. Plus, at most, you would only need to increase the size of the existing hydraulic pump, not necessarily add an extra one.

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #23  
Villengineer said:
Like I said, I've never looked into it on the current CUTs. But I know that some other equipment I've worked with/on have true hydraulic pto's. Essentially you hook your implement to a hydraulic motor. The clutching, etc.. is all done in the valving. Another example you've probably seen is the simple versions used on skidsteers to operate pto driven equipment using the aux hyd supply.

Yes, skidsteers need a hydraulic motor to provide a PTO. No clutches there
at all, just variable displacement hydraulic pump(s) for the drive and
valves for the implement pump output to run cylinders (or motors).
I have not heard of a CUT that uses a hyd motor for a PTO. A mechanical
one would be more efficient. When a HST tractor is running (and foot is
off the clutch if provided) the charge pump is still pumping oil for the
HST, so energy is wasted when you are not moving. The charge pump
runs (off the same shaft as the PTO on my Kubota) even when the HST
drive pump is not. I suppose that is why a 30 hp tractor with HST may
only provide say 23 hp to the PTO, while the same CUT with gear trans
may provide say, 26.

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #24  
dfkrug said:
I have not heard of a CUT that uses a hyd motor for a PTO. .

I don't disagree that a mechanical pto would be more efficient.. but AFAIK, power-trac's use a hyd pto setup... looking at them.. I'd guess their models occupy the SCUT/CUT classes.. e tc..

soundguy

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #25  
Soundguy said:
I don't disagree that a mechanical pto would be more efficient.. but AFAIK, power-trac's use a hyd pto setup... looking at them.. I'd guess their models occupy the SCUT/CUT classes.. e tc..

Aren't PTs machines that use hyd motors for each wheel, like skidsteers?

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #26  
I *believe* they do.. though I don't own one.. nor have I used one... ( and I didn't stay at a holiday in express last night either.. )

soundguy

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission. #27  
JC-jetro said:
Howdy all,
I'm thinking out loud here.. does anyone know any compact utility geared tractor that has independent pto, with two separate hydraulically activated multi disk wet clutch.
Massey Ferguson compacts with PowerShuttle have been that way for several years now. There are two sets of wet multi-disc drive clutches. Then the multi-disc wet independent PTO clutch pack. If this isn't what your talking about let me know.

/ Tractor with two wet clutches PTO and transmission.
JerryG said:
Massey Ferguson compacts with PowerShuttle have been that way for several years now. There are two sets of wet multi-disc drive clutches. Then the multi-disc wet independent PTO clutch pack. If this isn't what your talking about let me know.

Thanks Jerry,

I'll check their website. That was what I was looking for. I wonder which Japanese manufacture make them for MF.

JC,