Power Washing Tractor

/ Power Washing Tractor #31  
Re: Thunder Gun?

Hey guys, want to hear a stupid power washing trick? Run your power washer without the water on/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif. I have a generac and it has plastic valves in the pump, I did'nt have the water on and it melted the valves, the kicker is, to fix it was more than I paid for it. Ahh well- live and learn.

/ Power Washing Tractor #32  
Ok, lets see if I can get this all straight. I have a professional type power washer that uses the interchangeable tips. Some cheaper (but still good) power washers use an adjustable nozzle. The tips are available at 0 deg, 15 deg, 25 deg, 40 deg. The tips also have an orifice number that must be matched to your machine to achieve the rated pressure. For my machine the orifice size is 3.5 . Heres the good part, I have purchased other tips (about $7 each) of orifice size 7. This larger orifice drops the pressure to about half of my machines rated power. This makes light duty power washing jobs on my trailer and tractor much safer. I still get plently of power to clean off loose dirt and mud but less chance of removing decals or violating seals. I can also throttle down my Honda to get less flow.
Jerry

/ Power Washing Tractor #33  
<font color=blue>Ok, lets see if I can get this all straight</font color=blue>

That sounds about right/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif