Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

Default Re: How to tell if wheels are loaded

So the idea is that by blocking ADH the ethylene glycol passes before the nephrons can touch the stuff..? Now that's practical advice! Does it work on dogs? I dread my dogs finding an antifreeze leak among the tourists parked below.

Pete

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Nah..... just salty water.... like swimming in the ocean...

I think it was the concentration that got me!!! Yecchhh!

Glad I checked it though..one rear tire is loaded, the other not. I've called the dealer I bought the machine from...they'll take care of it, but I got to get the wheel to them...
    However, they use windshield washer fluid, not CaCl.
    So, reckon I'll do one of three things:
    1) Pull both wheels off...down to the dealer..get 'em filled.

2) Call a company to come fill them (not too many in York County, PA...surprisingly!!)

3) Fill them with windshield washer fluid/water myself.

I'd like to do (3). Since a few of y'all have done this..Bird!! Ya listening???), is it a job that can be reasonably well done by one guy (maybe assistance from wifey)?

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

Pete,

I'm guessing that it will work with dogs as well, but you ought to check with a vet concerning this. Part of the issue is that by the time you notice antifreeze poisoning in a dog, it's because they're dead (or close to it). It's the old "ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure".

Desperate alcoholics would drink antifreeze, and then go into the ER and let them know what they did. The cure is an IV gin-'n'-tonic... [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Magnatrac 6000, Ariens GT17

Give them a breathalyzer test. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Magnatrac 6000, Ariens GT17

Totally off the subject, but on the subect of swollowing funny things. I was having a fitful dream 'bout an hour ago at the end of which I was eating glass, I woke up with a lump going down my throat. It wasn't painful so I guess I'll just wait it out. So that's why I'm on tonight. If I stop writing posts, you can guess why....[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Roy,

If you take a look in the "Customiztion" forum there is a current tread named “Riggin’ for steep slopes”. A number of ideas for filling tires are discussed as well as a description of how I did mine at home.

MarKV

Roy, there's been a lot of discussion about the little air/water adapter valve you can buy for less than $10 to hook a water hose to your valve stem, to just use a garden hose to put water in. I put two gallons of antifreeze in each of my rear tires with the gadget shown in the picture, then put the water in, but I was using home made tools for both. For windshield washer fluid, I think I'd probably buy the air/water adapter and use it with one of those little drill powered pumps. And yes, I think it's an easy enough one person job, but of course, I've worked on tires off and on all my life.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bird:

I seem to recall seeing a tractor rim that had a threaded weldelet collar welded on to the rim and then the rim was drilled out. A valve with bull plug was then threaded in and this was used to fill the tire with liquid. If memory serves correctly it was a 1/2 in. valve. Have you ever seen this done? It was probably on a larger tractor.

Egon

Egon, I don't recall seeing anything quite like that; don't know whether I've just never seen it, or whether I've forgotten it.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Thanks to both Bird and Mark!!

I've copied the instructions from this thread and the one Mark mentioned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast