How to tell if wheels are loaded

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #11  
So the idea is that by blocking ADH the ethylene glycol passes before the nephrons can touch the stuff..? Now that's practical advice! Does it work on dogs? I dread my dogs finding an antifreeze leak among the tourists parked below.

Pete

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #12  
Nah..... just salty water.... like swimming in the ocean...

I think it was the concentration that got me!!! Yecchhh!

Glad I checked it though..one rear tire is loaded, the other not. I've called the dealer I bought the machine from...they'll take care of it, but I got to get the wheel to them...
However, they use windshield washer fluid, not CaCl.
So, reckon I'll do one of three things:
1) Pull both wheels off...down to the dealer..get 'em filled.

2) Call a company to come fill them (not too many in York County, PA...surprisingly!!)

3) Fill them with windshield washer fluid/water myself.

I'd like to do (3). Since a few of y'all have done this..Bird!! Ya listening???), is it a job that can be reasonably well done by one guy (maybe assistance from wifey)?

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #13  
Pete,

I'm guessing that it will work with dogs as well, but you ought to check with a vet concerning this. Part of the issue is that by the time you notice antifreeze poisoning in a dog, it's because they're dead (or close to it). It's the old "ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure".

Desperate alcoholics would drink antifreeze, and then go into the ER and let them know what they did. The cure is an IV gin-'n'-tonic... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #14  
Give them a breathalyzer test. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #15  
Totally off the subject, but on the subect of swollowing funny things. I was having a fitful dream 'bout an hour ago at the end of which I was eating glass, I woke up with a lump going down my throat. It wasn't painful so I guess I'll just wait it out. So that's why I'm on tonight. If I stop writing posts, you can guess why..../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #16  
Roy,

If you take a look in the "Customiztion" forum there is a current tread named “Riggin’ for steep slopes”. A number of ideas for filling tires are discussed as well as a description of how I did mine at home.

MarKV

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #17  
Roy, there's been a lot of discussion about the little air/water adapter valve you can buy for less than $10 to hook a water hose to your valve stem, to just use a garden hose to put water in. I put two gallons of antifreeze in each of my rear tires with the gadget shown in the picture, then put the water in, but I was using home made tools for both. For windshield washer fluid, I think I'd probably buy the air/water adapter and use it with one of those little drill powered pumps. And yes, I think it's an easy enough one person job, but of course, I've worked on tires off and on all my life./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Attachments

• 47-128942-P7160028.JPG
    47-128942-P7160028.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 85
   / How to tell if wheels are loaded #18  
Bird:

I seem to recall seeing a tractor rim that had a threaded weldelet collar welded on to the rim and then the rim was drilled out. A valve with bull plug was then threaded in and this was used to fill the tire with liquid. If memory serves correctly it was a 1/2 in. valve. Have you ever seen this done? It was probably on a larger tractor.

Egon

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #19  
Egon, I don't recall seeing anything quite like that; don't know whether I've just never seen it, or whether I've forgotten it./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ How to tell if wheels are loaded #20  
Thanks to both Bird and Mark!!

I've copied the instructions from this thread and the one Mark mentioned.