Backhoe Ford 1210 and aKubota backhoe??

/ Ford 1210 and aKubota backhoe?? #1  

goffoz

Hi to you all,
I am new to tractors and this forum.....so treat me like a "no-nothing"
cause I gotta start learning before I hurt myself
A neighbour of mine was fleeing California.....going to Tenesee?
....and said "Do you want my old tractor and all the stuff that goes with it?
...I'll make you a really good deal!"

So now I have a ford 1210 4wd, with a hydrstatic trans, front loader, box scraper. rakes(2) and a disc plough.
The trans seems a little weak?...how do you test it?
one of the injectors is leaking at the block.....but it starts right up and runs.
...and finally, it came with a "beat up" Kubota backhoe, that looks about the right size, but that doesn't fit.
I repaired the elbow on the backhoe for him, about 2 years ago..I weld/cut and have a mill and lathe.
But the two...tractor and backhoe... have never been together
The question is....Is there a source for plans for a subframe to marry these two?
And also if I make an attachment frame, where are the load bearing points too attach the frame too the tractor....so I don't break it.
Is there an aftermarket ROP's that I can use on this tractor?...I live on a very sloped piece of ground :eek:
Yep I've done a few searches, so far nothing specific has come up
any 1210 owners here..lets talk :)
Owen ...stuck in N.Cal

/ Ford 1210 and aKubota backhoe?? #2  
I recently bought a very used, somewhat abused Ford 1210,4wd,hst drive that still runs well and has a Ford FEL and a Ford BH, both seem that they may have been on it from the beginning. I think the model #s are 758A and 768A, can't remember which is which. Lots of things are more than broken, they just aren't there (parking brake, lever that runs the 3pt hitch etc.) I removed the wiring harness, not much to it, and am going to rebuild it but maybe just buy a new one. The dealer says most of the parts are available and don't seem to be outrageously priced. The BH has a frame mount that hooks on with just a few bolts. The frame of the BH runs under the tractor for about 6 or 7 feet and connects to the bar that holds the FEL. The connection is just a notch in the bar that rests on the other bar. The tractor is at a second home. Next time I am down, 3 or 4 weeks, I will take some pictures. I'm supposed to take some pictures for somebody as well. I've used it to move some rip rap rocks and carry around some logs. I'm impressed by what it can carry. I thought the HST might have been a problem but was educated by this group that the more you press on the pedal, the higher the gear. The less you push, the lower the gear. The throttle is power. The HST pedal is gear ratio, sort of. With a full load in the FEL and the BH on behind, that's a lot of weight which probably accounted for slow going up a fairly steep hill. There was a ROPS on Ebay a couple months ago. I think it sold for about $200 or so. Not sure they can be used with the BH installed. I don't have one but after reading the various stories, I'm real careful although things happen pretty quick when yo least expect it.

/ Ford 1210 and aKubota backhoe??
Hi rooftrussman
A couple of pictures of how the BH attaches would be great....thanks
I've done a days digging with the FEL and box scraper, and it sure beats a pick and shovel.:)
Let me know if you need any img. of what your missing, mines complete
It had a bunch of bent stuff...But I've straightened that all out now.
A good scrub and a little paint and we'll be good.
I can't seem to get my injectors out though?...to seal the leak

/ Ford 1210 and aKubota backhoe??
Hey Rooftrussman..
Those picks you offered to post would be really helpful right now.
I'm starting the fabrication of my BH subframe ...finally...its been a busy hot summer
Thanks
If your having trouble posting them...you could email them direct to me
poerm(at)internet49 dot com
thanks