Help with 3 point hydraulic lift on JD 790

/ Help with 3 point hydraulic lift on JD 790 #11  
Gald to hear it was such a minor problem. Happy tractorin'!

/ Help with 3 point hydraulic lift on JD 790 #12  
Hey, Nobody's perfect. Ill tell on myself.:eek: A couple months ago when I got my new 790, the 3pt worked fine with nothing on it. My wife helped me fill the ballast box with wheel weights and railroad spikes. That made the box around 800lbs. I started the tractor, picked up the box then drove around to settle the spikes. After backing up on the concrete I pushed the 3pt lever all the way forward. BAM!:eek: The box slammed the cement shaking the ground. My wife, who was standing about 8 feet behind the box, let me know I had scared the he** out of her and wanted to know what I was thinking.:mad: I was as stunned as she was. After parking the tractor was able to lower the 3pt slower by moving the lever a little at a time. That night I found the rate of drop knob in the owners manual. The rate of drop knob was all the way open. Which still did not help with the wife after I told her what I found in the manual. She has calmed down since then.:rolleyes:

/ Help with 3 point hydraulic lift on JD 790 #13  
OK...now my 790 3PH story...

I normally leave my loader off during the summer months unless I have a task for it.
I also bought a used ballast box for the tractor a couple years ago.

Well, had a task for the loader so I wheeled the ballast box (which was on a dolly in front of the loader) over and rigged it to the 3PH. Now, time to turn the machine around and install the loader.
Of course, when I pulled the lever, the ballast box (with about 500 lbs of sand in it) didn't lift. The front end of the 790 sure did though!!! Quite fast too!

Learned a lesson that day, let me tell you!!